Transmission to Transfer Case Bypass Hose (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey mudders I’m in a nursing home until my foot heals.I can’t ship any thing until after October 23. then some family members cAn ship for me.
Hi, I am hoping you are having a speedy recovery with your foot! I just ran into this issue and I'm dead in the water right now. I'm checking if you know if you have a 12.75" hose kit in stock or not. I have sent you a PM with my information. thanks for your help and get better soon!

I received my cable a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. The quality is top notch, no expense spared on this piece. Well worth the piece of mind. Couple of pics of the 12.75 installed.

20231021_181742.jpg

20231021_181751.jpg

Im getting low on hoses and will be ordering in the near future. If you need a special length now would be the time to tell me. I cant do custom lengths except when i do an inventory order as the vendor charges more. the cost for a custom isn’t that much more look at the difference between the 12 and 17” a couple dollars. just pm me and we can make it happen best to measure fill plug to fill plug with a stiff cable like an old battery cable. Even if a PO cross threaded and used a 1/2 NPT plug I have a fix for that.

I bought a 73 FJ few months back, while having owned two others in the past I was not aware of this potential problem. My current setup is a SM420 GM made transmission with a stock transfer case. Is this potential problem still an issue and if so is there a hose for my set up?

I bought a 73 FJ few months back, while having owned two others in the past I was not aware of this potential problem. My current setup is a SM420 GM made transmission with a stock transfer case. Is this potential problem still an issue and if so is there a hose for my set up?
I’ll let other chime in. But I do believe so. The way I understand the transfer case seal can still fail and push the oil into the transmission. My thoughts are seals are made to keep oil in not oil out (or Water that I know personally) because the way the normal seal is made. My dads chevy triuck 4 speed got water in the transfer case and transmission when he told some one not to drive through water! My butt still hurts at the thought. But maybe Some one who has the sm465 can chime in. I do have a am464 shiift plate. 24.95 for mudders.

4 speed sm465.jpeg

Last edited:
i had to place a new order yesterday. Im out of 17.5” hoses. so if you need a different length pm me.

I also like to remention the hoses get pretty close to the exhaust pipes. Rubber hose does degrade with heat or out right melts. These hoses are heat resistant. the interior hose is teflon which has a higher temper operating ranger than a gates rubber hose. then the stainless cover also gives it heat residence. When I first made my own hose several mudders wanted them. i said i would get them if we did a group buy of 20 is what the vendor minimum order was. I did that twice and quit. took too much time and trouble to keep track of who paid what. So I started to carry and inventory. The money I make on these goes to my mission work in Haiti and other tropic islands. We converting banana stalks to clothing. But the three hoses I sold yesterday put enough money in my paypal account to be able to use that money to save a young woman’s life who was in a clinic in rural Haiti and needed an operation. I would share the pictures they sent me but it’s too gross to see and not appropriate. So Kevin and Albert thanks so much for helping me pay to save that young ladies life!

@shipmag Thanks Lou for the great service and even more spectacular product…got mine today. It looks like a piece used on a battleship or a tank..even better a fuel delivery hose for the Millennium Falcon !!

remarkable idea.

IMG_1129.jpeg

@shipmag Thanks Lou for the great service and even more spectacular product…got mine today. It looks like a piece used on a battleship or a tank..even better a fuel delivery hose for the Millennium Falcon !!

remarkable idea.

View attachment 3474716
Glad you’re happy. I didn’t use a rubber hose because of the heat of the exhaust pipe.

well don’t we love logistics!🙁 no. These parts come from Germany through England to USA. They shipped the order short. So shipping cost as a result doubled because they shipped half the order. And the shipping costs are spread across all the items purchased. I know double the order cut shipping by half no probably 30% because of increased weight and or size of the box which ever is higher actual weight or dim weight. as soon as i have a tracking number i’ll know delivery day date for those waiting for the 17.5 hoses. I don’t think we will have enough to sell more of the 17.5. I reordered the same order and was told the missing parts are three weeks out. If I were a rich man I’d order twice as many. but please remember the first mudders that talked me into doing this. We did group buys of 20 and didn’t order until we had 20 committed. We did that twice. back then at least I had some income from my shipping store. So guys social security keeps me from having resources to afford what I can. I fear the vendor is going to triple the minimum order. If they do we are finished. And the quality these guys give us is hard to beat. That tail pipe heat is really hard on most hoses. These are made to withstand it better than a bare rubber hose.. I should have the hoses here by First of next week

@shipmag Hey Lou, you know what my opinions are….these parts you have are ballistic quality and provide a great method of a failed seal to prevent flood the transmission. My thinking is that it should have been a standard feature in the design.

@shipmag Hey Lou, you know what my opinions are….these parts you have are ballistic quality and provide a great method of a failed seal to prevent flood the transmission. My thinking is that it should have been a standard feature in the design.
with Landcruiser drive being GM this should apply to the 70 and 80 GM 4wd trucks also? Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:
I am out of 17.5” hoses. vendor only had enough parts to ship 4. It will be 3 weeks before they get the parts in from Germany to make the new order I Placed. This does buy you guys that need a special on made with sae threads on one end and metric on the other or a different length Iz would recommend using and old battery cable than a tape because you get the way it has to bend. PM with any help you need. I have made 37” long ones before.
Shipmag

If you have a new or used battery cable, I have found these easier to measure with. Mark both fill plugs on the cable after you bent the cable to the path you want. Then measure the distance between marks. I have found the 12.75" is used on the one-piece transfer case and 17.5" on the split case. Sometimes a PO has done something that makes the size not standard. Thats when you need to contact me asap. If you need a special length my vendor will not make a one up hose. So, I have to wait until I place an inventory purchase. Fortunately, we are on backorder waiting for parts. This is the best time to get your special length made. Send me a pm asap before the order is filled. Happy Thanksgiving!

@shipmag I have 3 of your by-pass hoses and will say that the quality is outstanding and the solution to the potential problem is genius…thank you for the speedy replies and continued new friendship ! Speedy recovery to you

@shipmag I have 3 of your by-pass hoses and will say that the quality is outstanding and the solution to the potential problem is genius…thank you for the speedy replies and continued new friendship ! Speedy recovery to you
Wow thanks. i posted on the Pirate 4x4 forum. Go over to this url and tell the one not nice person what you think. Search results for query: shipmag - https://www.pirate4x4.com/search/662600/?q=shipmag&o=relevance he was really a jerk. But even if you posted what you did here maybe they might be interested. When McArthur was instructed by our then president to rebuild Japan's industry, he had Charles Deming (was ridiculed by USA auto industry back then for his ideas) Got together with Taguchi and rebuilt the auto industry. He was told to start with Jeeps. So, they modified the jeep body to stand out above the then jeep. Rather than reinvent the drive system he used the GM engine and drive drains copied and made metric. This may not be the exact story but its close enough to get the idea. I'm sure there are folks that know the exact story better than me. So, if the Landcruiser has this seal problem so should 60,70 era GM 4wd vehicles? My mission project needs more funding to get me to the first article build. If anyone wants to know more about what I'm doing send me a pm as I don't have the skills to create a web site nor the money.
Shipmag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom