Transfercase shifter help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 71 (3spd/350) fj40, with a missing transfer case shifter. Can any of you awesome folkes help a novice identify what additional parts I may need. Thank you, sorry for the awful pics.

27F5EC79-6307-408B-955B-EB68B5EFAB20.jpeg

3D4926E6-7A8D-4FA9-AED6-A893C5F49C4A.jpeg

083C089D-1270-4DBD-A7FA-6E8C877E9038.jpeg

You should be able to find parts cataloge somewhere on this site. It wouldn't hurt to buy all shifter parts from vendor on this site. 1971 was a very good year.

Real estate. The stock floorshift on a TH350 usually ends up under the gas tank. You’re probably way better off calling George at Valley Hybrids for a twin stick for your setup.

Do you have a pick of an fj40 that has a twin stick setup?

I'm guessing you are running a TH350 Auto Tranny with the 5" long Advance Adapter. If so, you can use the AA mounting bracket #715521 to mount a stock Landcruiser 4WD floor shift to the side of the adapter. If you look at my ebay #263908718693 you'll see all the stuff that should be in a 4WD shifter (except missing the pivot pin that goes on top of the shifting chamber). Looks like your photos show that you already have much of that.

I'm guessing you are running a TH350 Auto Tranny with the 5" long Advance Adapter. If so, you can use the AA mounting bracket #715521 to mount a stock Landcruiser 4WD floor shift to the side of the adapter. If you look at my ebay #263908718693 you'll see all the stuff that should be in a 4WD shifter (except missing the pivot pin that goes on top of the shifting chamber). Looks like your photos show that you already have much of that.

Jim, as I posted, doesn't this setup end up under the seat leg of the passenger seat, or worse yet, the gas tank?

Jim, as I posted, doesn't this setup end up under the seat leg of the passenger seat, or worse yet, the gas tank?
Don't know Mark ??? If so, perhaps guys bend the shift lever ???

I think I saw your eBay post, if it's what I need I'll buy it today

First, I'd need to know if you have the 1" thick Downey adapter, or the 5" thick Advance Adapter between your tranny and transfer-case. Next, your 1st photo above shows that you already have the shifting chamber, your 2nd photo shows that you already have the pivot bolt for the shifter, your 3rd photo shows that you already have some of the low range linkage, sooooo how much are you missing ???. Next, if you were able to use the Advance Adapters 4WD shifter mounting bracket #715521 on the side of an Advance Adapter (if that's what you have), you could always heat/bend/weld the shifter lever to a more forward position in the tranny tunnel to avoid hitting the front seat or gas tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom