Trans cooler hard line(s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I was carelessly trimming some metal under the fender on the driver side today and accidentally cut the hard lines that pass through the radiator support/cross member from the trans cooler to the engine bay. I have patched it for now but I would like to buy new hard lines. Trouble is I cant seem to find a part number. they are basically two hoses bent to pass through a support hole with a bracket and stud that holds the two steel lines to the radiator support. Can anyone point me to a parts diagram? I tried searching both the 80 section and google to no avail.

Its actually my PS cooler. Its the factory trans cooler with the PS low pressure hose plumbed into it. I have a manual trans, just looking for clean replacement of the connection. I could just fix the connection with some barbed fitting instead? Just trying to not be to mickey mouse.

I threw 2 of them away

And I was referring to your PS cooler.

Is this style (blue) any good as a power steering cooler?

img_0550.jpg

Forgive me for not prefacing the set up to better understanding of the part I need.

I am the latest lucky owner of a really well rebuilt 1FZ mated to a 6spd Tacoma transmission mated to an Orion Case with 4:88 and factory locked.

When the transmission went to manual the trans cooler became the power steering cooler. Until yesterday the set-up worked great. I accidentally cut the hard lines near the radiator.

I was looking to replace the hard lines I was originally searching for in this post. However, after thinking about i am just going to get some 3/8" barbed fittings and connect the rubber lines that way by-passing the hard lines all together. I will wrap some protective sleeving over the hard lines where they pass through the radiator support hole. The factory trans cooler will be more than adequate to cool the PS fluid and it free because it was already there.

There was a problem with my 3/8" Barb Idea. It worked grate for the hose I replaced coming from the PS "cooler/ trans radiator." However when I connected to the low pressure hoses coming off the reservoir as well as the hose coming from the gear box I found the fitment to be too loose for the 3/8 barb. For now I am looking to source some 10MM barbed fittings but everyone sells them as 10mm but they are really 3/8" just like I already have. Since this is the low pressure hose I am thinking I can just put another hose clamp on each 10mm hose connection (reservoir and gearbox hoses). I was able to install a single clamp and bleed the system without a leak but I am uncomfortable with the long term reliability of that connection because the hose fit so loosely around the 3/8" barb. Should I leave it and run it or should I source a larger barb ie 10mm. It isn't much but I think it will at least fit snug to the barb. I always thought the barb made the sealed connection and the hose clamp simply held the hose to the barb.

You want the little metal bracket and hard tubes that allow the lines to snake around the radiator and condensor? They're in tandem, a few inches long, and specifically bent for that application? I just removed mine. I'll send you them if you really want but I am fairly lazy.

You want the little metal bracket and hard tubes that allow the lines to snake around the radiator and condensor? They're in tandem, a few inches long, and specifically bent for that application? I just removed mine. I'll send you them if you really want but I am fairly lazy.
That is very nice of you @nukegoat! That is exactly part the part I need. I can papal postage if that helps at all. Or if it is too much of a pain I try my double clamp on the barb trick for now. I only don't like it for its mickey-mouse characteristics. For a low pressure line it may be more than adequate enough.

Does anyone have access to schematics that have parts like this for future en-devours?

That is very nice of you @nukegoat! That is exactly part the part I need. I can papal postage if that helps at all. Or if it is too much of a pain I try my double clamp on the barb trick for now. I only don't like it for its mickey-mouse characteristics. For a low pressure line it may be more than adequate enough.

Does anyone have access to schematics that have parts like this for future en-devours?
Just pm me your address

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom