Trail Ride Saturday 1-6-7 at PAP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trail ride

Dang I wish I could've made the meeting.................. but do count me in for the trail ride. last year's winter ride at paragon was neat, even exciting when Jeff lost his back wheel!!! In any event I can dust off the 55 for this one!!!!! Gary S

I need to check my work schedule, but I'm in. I'm gonna need to break in my sliders and skid plate:grinpimp:
Chris

:crybaby:
I know right now I won't be there.

...flying to Vegas on the 4th for CES. Won't be back until late on the 12th.

Don't have too much fun without me!

I'll be there with my bikini-clad 40 with long-johns and snow pants and lots of other layers...brrr. (note to self; make time next spring for fitting up that soft top that's been boxed up in the shop for the last, oh, 3-4 years). Regarding the starter issue from Rausch last month, it's installed and I know it works now, even if it is hanging up a little.
Hey Jeffie, what's this crap I hear about a 07:45 meeting time in the parking lot, hmm??? Some have to drive farther than others which means an earlier launch time that morning. Can we possibly have an open discussion about the meeting time??? Say, something around 8:30-ish???
Anyone else, or am I the only weiner?
Mike in PA

You guys realize that will be an open trail ride.... that may mean some additional traffic, if the weather is nice.

Well, seeing how I'll be shipping out on the 9th, and I'm the one the that chose the date and location, I will be there! I'd feel like a real douche bag if I didn't show up for this trail ride. :grinpimp: I'll have my little bro, his friend, and a couple of my friends riding in my beat up '89 rigged up FJ-62. Making it there that early will be a bitch, but I want to spend all day on the trails. The more time spent wheeling the better. I haven't really wheeled since I took off my sway bars so hopefully that little bit of extra articulation will help me out on the rocks. My one friend with a Land Rover Disco said he wants to join us, so we'll get a chance to see how he makes out in his grocery getter. ;) Im definately looking forward to wheeling one last time before I ship out. Thanks again Jeff and everyone at the last meeting for letting me make this decision. After this I won't get to see you guys for a while so I'm definately looking forward to this trail ride and I'll be trying my hardest to take the hardest trails/lines I can possibly take. I'd like to weld my rear end before the trip but doubt it will happen. I already have a ton of body damage and I'll be getting some more for sure. ;) Luckily my friend is a great spotter. Theres alot of Paragon I haven't seen yet. Have a happy holidays everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at Paragon. I hope the Appalation Land Cruiser Associotion grows into a reputiable group when I'm gone. I'm sure it will. You're a great group of guys. I'm glad I'm a founding member and am looking forward to returning when I'm done with the Army in a couple years. Don't forget me when I'm gone. See you guys soon. :beer: :beer: :beer:

I could use a snow run but I broke my rear pinion last weekend at Crozet and I don't expect to be back on the road in time for the 9th. See you next time!

Meeting time again for 01/06?

I heard rumor (but no confirmation) of a 0730 meet time for this run? That's pretty darn early isn't it? Can we have a discussion about this as PAP's web site says they don't open the gates until 8:00 on Saturdays?
I propose a meeting time of 8-8:30 in the staging area with a launch time shortly there after. Also would like to see a roster of who's attending and in what vehicle. This way we know who to expect for the run, and can depart once everyone who has comitted arrives. Might be good to have a list with cell #'s too. That way we can call if it's getting close to the launch hour and someone who has comitted hasn't shown up yet?
All that aside, what does everyone else think would be a good meeting time and launch time for 01/06???
Inquiring minds want to know.
Mike in PA

I have not been to PAP yet. I read they require an orange flag. Is this something they provide or do I need to get one?

Chris

You can buy the flag at PAP when you register.

anyone know how much to register at P.A.P.? I heard its a good bit higher than R.C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom