Track Bar Hardware KZJ78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day y’all,
I am replacing the rear track bar on my KZJ78 and I need help locating replacement bolts. The bolt, washer and nut on the driver’s side is pretty corroded to the point that even if I’m able to remove it, it will probably not be good to put back in. The Toyota part number is: 90105-16017 for the bolt that I’m searching for. Does anyone know of a replacement that will work? I’ve checked, partsouq, megazip, amayama, etc. Some websites will show they have it and then the order will cancel because they really don’t have one. I’ve also reached out to land cruiserteq and other LC shops and they don’t have one. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

DE89B019-C58E-4966-B008-0C3789FADE47.jpeg

Hello,

This might work.

If the bolt head is still intact, take a picture and notice the markings or numbers on it.

Then check the FSM's Bolt Torque and Specifications Section. Go to the Class column to find out the bolt type that matches the markings/numbers on your picture. Your local hardware supplier should have an equivalent.

Juan

Last edited:
Hello,

This might work.

If the bolt head is still intact, take a picture and notice the markings or numbers on it.

Then check the FSM's Bolt Torque and Specifications Section. Go to the Class column to find out the bolt type. Your local hardware supplier should have an equivalent.

Juan
I’ll clean and check the head to see if anything can be read off it. It looked rough at first glance but I didn’t take a look while I was down there. Thank you for the advice!

The bolt head will likely show a number or sign that tells the bolt strength. Decoding is in the FSM. All other dimensions you need to figure out by yourself.
But have you tried ordering directly from Toyota dealership? A bit costly, but it always worked for me.
Cheers Ralf

In the USA bolt strength is categorized by Grade. Grades 2, 5 and 8 are common. Higher grade means more strength.
Metric hardware is similar but the analogous rating is Class. Class 10.9 is almost the same as Grade 8.

Measure the bolts then look for the same sizes in Class 12.9 hardware.
Buy from Fastenal or McMaster Carr.
Getting an exact match in threaded length and such is less important than same diameter and overall strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom