TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensor info (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BulletHead

Village Idiot
Threads
In an effort to have (08 URJ200) 2 sets of wheels/tires I have been searching to find what TPMS sensors are actually stock OEM, this is what I know so far.

Schrader PN 28365
Toyota PN (verified through dealer) 42607-33011 $101
-it could cross reference to many other Toyota vehicles

I guess if Toyota parts verified the Toyota PN, Schrader is the OEM provider. I just thought Pacific made all the sensors for Toyota. Has anyone actually replaced a sensor and knows what the OEM type sensor is?

Also, anyone know if the ECU is capable of storing >5 sensor IDs and not having to re-program each time wheels are swapped, that would mean a visit to dealer or tire shop or just buy a TPMS tool.

Last edited:
From Schrader's website.
SchraderTPMS.jpg

I was told by my service writer that the LC will store two sets of monitors. I have yet to verify this because I opted not to put a set on my winter wheels (Tundra rims).

Pacific PMV-107J looks like the OEM provided sensor.

I was told by my service writer that the LC will store two sets of monitors. I have yet to verify this because I opted not to put a set on my winter wheels (Tundra rims).

I hope that is true, will call Toyota to verify, thanks.

Now that you mention the TPMS, Im not sure my LC200 is equiped with it, is there a way to validate this? Mine is a 2008 and when i hit the ignition i dont see the tire pressure light go on. Im a second owner so not sure if this can be deactivated or its just not there

Now that you mention the TPMS, Im not sure my LC200 is equiped with it, is there a way to validate this? Mine is a 2008 and when i hit the ignition i dont see the tire pressure light go on. Im a second owner so not sure if this can be deactivated or its just not there
What is your location? If you're in the US, then yes, it's a standard feature. Other markets have other features so it may or may not be fitted.

I am not sure about LC, but 2010 LX cannot store/monitor more than 5 sensors. :bang:

Im in Mexico is a VX model 2008 with the 5.7 V8
Is there a way to determine if the system is installed or not?

^ Look at the valve stems. If they are metal (aluminum) with nuts, they are probably TPMS sensors. If they are rubber, they are not installed. Alternatively, you could break down the tire / wheel combo and visually verify

I ordered the Pacific PMV-107J sensors and they dont seem to sit flush on the stock URJ rims. So I dont think they are the stock sensors for the URJ. There is about 1/8" spacing between the bottom of the sensor and the top of the rim.

^ Look at the valve stems. If they are metal (aluminum) with nuts, they are probably TPMS sensors. If they are rubber, they are not installed. Alternatively, you could break down the tire / wheel combo and visually verify

They are rubber :-( is there any way to buy the sensors and something else and make it work?

They are rubber :-( is there any way to buy the sensors and something else and make it work?

But if you cycle through the "Display" settings, the TPMS settings should come up. If it doesn't, it may be an option for you, based on your geographical location.

Swapped stock rims today with Pacific sensors, they work fine, even though the fit wasn't the best. PMV-107J.

Also went through the manual, doesnt look like one can store more than 5 sensor IDs. I contemplated whether or not to get an Ateq TPMS scanner, but Costco says they will reset the TPMS light whenever I swap wheels, for free!

So I just put on some TRDs and had thought that they would just automatically pick up the sensors in the wheels. They did not. But interestingly enough they picked up the old wheels that are stacked in the garage. My question now is this an easy fix or do the tires have to be dismounted and remounted and balanced to get them to register with the computer?

[QUOTE="do the tires have to be dismounted and remounted and balanced to get them to register with the computer?[/QUOTE]

That is one option. Another is to install cloned sensors in the second set of wheels and have those senor IDs match the sensor IDs on the stock wheels. The choke point is that the TPMS can only store five IDs. Two sets of wheels is ten. Cloning works and in my case since I keep a winter set and summer set I can switch at will without assistance. You can also buy a rig that will allow you to what the dealer does but I am unsure what the breakeven point is on the number of uses. Buried in this thinking is the reason why the display is not able to tell you 'which' tire is low only that one of them is. I think the existing system works but I think it is a money making racket nonetheless. But that is merely my humble opinion. For the typical vanilla car buyer the question is moot. You could of course just tape the idiot light and go TPMS-less if one set of wheels is used infrequently.

Just to clarify

So the current sensors on the new wheels can be used but the truck has to be told that they are different? Can this be done without dismounting the wheel? And....will I have to also dismount the old/stock wheels and do this again if I decide to put those back on?

Chilibit is correct. The URJ200 can only register 5 sensors at a time, from what I have been told. So when you need to swap wheels, they will need to be re-registered. The guys at the tire shop told me they will do this service for me for free whenever I want. If you bought your tires recently, ask them about it. I got mine at Costco.

Chilibit, the wheel location identifier on the TPMS system would be meaningless since the wheels/tires are rotated. For the location identifier to be accurate, this would need to be re-registered every time the wheels/tires are rotated.

aMiR904: I understand about tire rotation and I thought the reader might deduce it as well. A system could be designed to do it but the Toyota TPMS that I have does not. It does seem curious to me that when the wheels report in after start up---they do not populate the dash display top to bottom in sequence. Slot three may report in last for example. Each wheel is a transmitter, I wonder how may sensors there are. Some number less than five I suspect. I wonder if the initial sensor registration assigned it to a particular register and there it remains---regardless of check-in timing or rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom