Toyota preview vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"...appears to capture a similar vibe as the popular Bronco Sport" said it all for me. Neither of these things should be rolling around. They diminish the brand in favor of squeezing out dollars in the short term.

"...appears to capture a similar vibe as the popular Bronco Sport" said it all for me. Neither of these things should be rolling around. They diminish the brand in favor of squeezing out dollars in the short term.
I was thinking it more analogous to the Jeep Renegade, another branding moniker that got bastardized.

1640113509046.png

Every time I see one of those I'm reminded of the time I had to dig one out of Carolina Beach after they had sunk it to the point it was sitting on belly pans during a particularly rough summer squall. That buddy will never live down us telling them to leave the "trail rated car" at the parking lot.

Hard to say. It's a good concept, in theory. Don't like the skid pate messaging though.

Interesting especially since GM are bringing out a Hummer EV. And as an investor I prefer to put money into VW for the future of EV's, just saying.

^Wrong place to post this. Go to 200 series forum.
Really? A $100K rig to cart around goods for the homeless? LOL. And that one is wrecked, btw.

Thoughts or changes you'd make?

936406.jpg

936412.jpg

936404.jpg

I don't think Toyota understands, or cares about, this kind of backward-looking "retro" style vehicle. Frankly I'm amazed that the FJC ever got made. They could, with a snap of their fingers, bring out a 4 door FJC that would eat everyone else's lunch on the trail. If they put Tundra axles under it and called it a Land Cruiser, but at a Tacoma price point, they could really gut Wrangler and Bronco sales figures. But I really believe they have no desire to do so.

I don't think Toyota understands, or cares about, this kind of backward-looking "retro" style vehicle. Frankly I'm amazed that the FJC ever got made. They could, with a snap of their fingers, bring out a 4 door FJC that would eat everyone else's lunch on the trail. If they put Tundra axles under it and called it a Land Cruiser, but at a Tacoma price point, they could really gut Wrangler and Bronco sales figures. But I really believe they have no desire to do so.
So true and since they are in the retro style why not make an 80 model? Make it a tad bigger than the 4runner but less bulky than a 100/200 series, really just make it the same as the OG. Make it true pure off roader & put some travel comfort upgrades with models from no-nonsense base like 1st Gen FJC to Limited Luxury and a good price point. Kinda the way the Xterra was introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom