TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I guess you’ve run out on nice places to travel? :flipoff2:

Kazakhstan was actually surprisingly nice... outside of the city... and the beer was <$1 per beer at the bar which makes most places nice... :D

That's pretty damn cool. How do you like the 100? I'm thinking of an HDJ100 as my next rig....

It's very comfortable and seems to have decent power ... I don't think it was available with locking diffs... we had a driver so I didn't get to beat it up myself... but he took it up some pretty steep bits, but was very very careful with any bumps not to drop a bumper or take his running boards off :p

howdy!

IMG_20180907_183141.jpg

Dude.

Toyota
pic of the day....not random dude in a driveway or ford econoline....:flipoff2:

Is a nice looking bumper tho. Your old chev could've used something like that eh?

That's pretty damn cool. How do you like the 100? I'm thinking of an HDJ100 as my next rig....

I had a gasser 100 series for few years with a trd supercharger, it was a lot of fun and very comfortable.. it had a factory rear locker. I have bounced the idea of getting a hdj100 from Europe, those electronic engines are so smooth and powerfull.. YOu can get the 101 series with solid front axle and 1hz I think.

I had a gasser 100 series for few years with a trd supercharger, it was a lot of fun and very comfortable.. it had a factory rear locker. I have bounced the idea of getting a hdj100 from Europe, those electronic engines are so smooth and powerfull.. YOu can get the 101 series with solid front axle and 1hz I think.

I'd consider the gasser 100 series that has the vvti v8 and the 5 speed auto. But I don't think they came out until 2006 or so? And they're nearly as expensive as the diesel one imported still.

The 100 series with the 1HZ is the HZ105. Although awesome with the sold front axle, that truck is too big for the motor. People turbo them and then crack the heads on those. I can't imagine keeping that motor cool towing when it's turboed. I'm done with IDI, but give me that 200hp electronic 1HDFTE any day. I want a truck that does what I need out of the box without $5,000-10,000 in modifications and problems still. Easier and cheaper to swap a solid front axle into the HDJ100 from a 105....(or 80?)

I'd consider the gasser 100 series that has the vvti v8 and the 5 speed auto. But I don't think they came out until 2006 or so? And they're nearly as expensive as the diesel one imported still.

The 100 series with the 1HZ is the HZ105. Although awesome with the sold front axle, that truck is too big for the motor. People turbo them and then crack the heads on those. I can't imagine keeping that motor cool towing when it's turboed. I'm done with IDI, but give me that 200hp electronic 1HDFTE any day. I want a truck that does what I need out of the box without $5,000-10,000 in modifications and problems still. Easier and cheaper to swap a solid front axle into the HDJ100 from a 105....(or 80?)

With ya on that Nick, my 100 was a thirsty devil although so much fun to drive.

All my research throughout Europe points towards the 100 series TD as the best value for the buck, once you jump into 7 series, it jumps for some reason..My guess is there a lot more of the 100s out there in the market place.

Been powering through Australian 4wd action shows how well a truck with 33 to 35 tires with IFS, they can hang in there pretty well.

Last edited:
The old girl is coming out of hibernation for awhile, do not want to expose it to another winter, sure is fun driving it around again. Green 1984 BJ42 is my brother in law from Switzerland now on Gabriola.. New project is the BJ74, rusty piece of poop, frame is the worst I have ever seen. My son is the owner of my mini truck and one of the club members owns my HJ61. Gonna miss the 12ht, very nice engine.

IMG_5530.JPG
IMG_5491.PNG
IMG_5503.JPG
IMG_5458.JPG

The old girl is coming out of hibernation for awhile, do not want to expose it to another winter, sure is fun driving it around again. Green 1984 BJ42 is my brother in law from Switzerland now on Gabriola.. New project is the BJ74, rusty piece of poop, frame is the worst I have ever seen. My son is the owner of my mini truck and one of the club members owns my HJ61. Gonna miss the 12ht, very nice engine.

View attachment 1792075 View attachment 1792076 View attachment 1792078 View attachment 1792094

The tan one looks familiar... I’ve not seen it in my neighbourhood since you picked it up
:(

The tan one looks familiar... I’ve not seen it in my neighbourhood since you picked it up
:(
I love the old girl, its not leaving me anytime soon|(or ever)..every time I drive it it reminds how much fun they are.. The gal who I purchased it off of is a great person and she follows the little rigs adventures on FB. That truck has history, her grandfather, then father and then Kayla.

I have a half tub from Colombia that will get installed one day and some new OEM factory fenders. Turns out that the fenders on it with little rust are OEM replacements years ago. The frame is unreal rust free ish..

It will go through its typical winter rust protection, paint and oil frame and body.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom