Toyota Historical Pictures (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

here's alot of toyopet crown stuff
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

some cool pages...no info on them...sorry

Dang Johnny, where do you find these things?! Me wants 'em!

Wife says first one says "Toyota Motor Company Overview"
The other two are titled "Toyota News", and the colored issue appears to be a New Years issue (the first cars of the new year?) - we think this is the case because of the bamboo decoration behind the people (there is probably another to the left, off image) and since the women are wearing Kimonos - typical new years indicators.

Also kind of neat to see that most of the cars are RHD, but note the second one in line is LHD.

Here are a few brochures from my collection...

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5833.jpg

Late in chiming in...

... but better late than never, I hope. ;)

I found this article in the LC Magazine when I was skimming through before putting them up for sale on evil bay and thought that you guys needed to see it!

The article says something like... this was Toyota's version of the Mitsubishi "Jeep" that some of you might have seen, in the Japanese military(self-defense force or whatever).

Toyota built it to make a bid for it, but lost out to Mitsubishi and to make a long story short, that's how the Land Cruiser was born... or something like that.
PICT0007b.jpg
PICT0005b.jpg
PICT0006b.jpg

Some more pics...

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

I'm still planning on putting it up on e-bay later if someone wants to see the pics and the article up close. ;)
PICT0009b.jpg
PICT0003b.jpg
PICT0004b.jpg

Thanks, Johnny.

Maybe the right thing to do would be for me to take apart the magazine and scan the pages and post or something, eh?

Looks like that Toyace has the same style box that a 45LWB has. The same dies were used to rollthe wheel wells and the top rail.

The headache rack is very similar as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom