Toyota diesel mechanic in Ontario Canada? (1 Viewer)

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 1990 Toyota Hilux Surf (ln130 mechanical injection pump) from Calgary Alberta. Drove straight home without any issues. However I prier to driving back to Toronto from Calgary I had the engine compression tested. Cyl #1 455psi, Cyl #2 300psi, Cyl #3 430psi and Cyl #4 had 420psi. The test preformed were about 6-7 stokes of the piston and the readings were slow to build. Also there is a large amount of crankcase blow by which signifies piston ring wear. After hearing this from a diesel shop I quickly jumped on a full engine rebuild kit from engine Australia. Looking to have the engine built by someone reputable. Anyone in Ontario Canada knowledgeable on these 2lt engines?

morning @Mike4519 , welcome to mud. you might have better luck posting this query in the upper canada land cruiser club house. or try reaching out to @crushers . he's well versed in oil burners n might be able to steer you in the right direction. there's also a diesel tech subforum on here, maybe check it out. good fortunes on your quest. oh yeah the official mud welcome :flipoff2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom