Toyota Brake Maintenance Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a "brake maintenance kit" on jp-carparts.com. Does anyone know anything about these? I think it's a complete set of all seals for the brake system. There are two part numbers, and I don't know which (if either) would apply to US-market cruisers.

i.php

The parts list shows:

04901-60211 (presumably supersedes 04901-60210) "FZJ80..LUB..ATM"
04901-60231 (presumably supersedes 04901-60230) "FZJ80..LUB..ATM アリ(*66)"​

I believe LUB means "Lift Up Back (door)" (as opposed to SOB Swing Open Back). ATM is automatic transmission. I don't know what "ARI *66" means.

That looks like the kit I've seen, but never inspected, in the parts diagrams I've thumbed through over the years. The "(*66)" is html gargled "ABS". Some brake parts (you'd think would be common) are unique for ABS/nonABS brakes.

Just as an FYI, if you buy this kit, and go to reseal the front calipers, DON'T split the calipers in two. The factory seal kit doesn't come with the special square "O" rings that seals those two halves together. As far as i know Toyota doesn't view this "O" ring as a serviceable part, so they don't sell them separately. The only way I found that special O ring, was by buying a complete caliper rebuild kit from O'Reilly auto parts.

@Rifleman I've read the same thing about so many motorcycle calipers over the years that I wouldn't even think of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom