Towing with a 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it a 200 thing where we can’t pull all the way into a parking spot? I do the same thing all the time. Looks like a great trip, nice hunting dogs.
One of my many personality defects! 😎

Just adding my towing experience here for what it's worth. I recently towed a 5000lb trailer with a hitch weight of around 700lbs 2000 miles over all sorts of mountain passes in Colorado.

In ECT and sport mode the cruiser will yank the trailer up passes at about 3500-4000 rpm no problem. I did encounter overheating brakes on the way down big passes which I mitigated by going to manual and using engine brake on way down. Never had brake issues again. I did have a good amount of sag even with my hensley cub weight distribution system. BTW Hensley makes no sway hitches... and I mean that. 70mph storm gusts, trucks... NO SWAY. I used a Curt Echo brake controller which was fine for the most part. My only critique is that its sometimes harsh when braking on flat surfaces, meaning when the brakes come on they hit too hard and cause some jumpiness.

Due to the sag I am in the process of adding high pressure coilrite airbags in the rear springs. Just for my own feeling of safety I am also installing bigger brakes (rotors and ceramic pads) to avoid any potential heat issues moving forward. I felt most vulnerable going down long passes where braking distance felt really compromised. That should be fixed with Powerstop Z36ers. Will report back on key differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom