Towing/ Camping /Trailers (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bamabrock there used to be a power ram that lifted that lid.
Not sure why he took them out, but the struts work well with the weight of the tent. Its a solid platform and I've made some changes and I'm still going to rewire it with the 7 round plug and junction box to pull power off the truck to charge a battery to have an onboard power source.

I'll put it through its paces over the next two weeks riding with ntsaint and bloomer in Colorado before hitting HIH7 in Silverton.

It had a deep cycle battery and an electric lift that I put the on so that my wife/kids could safely access the cargo area. Not sure why the guy took them out as it worked slick but to each his own. Does it still have the water tank and protective bulkhead? I also put a new master cylinder for the surge brakes, put new bushings in the swivels, and extended the hydraulic lines by the same distance as I stretched the tongue but really never got around to making the surge brake function properly. Shouldn't take much at all to get that sorted.

I spy:

IMG_0345.JPG

Couldnt find the LGBBT tech thread so i guess this is next best place. Looks like @Fireman maaaay be able to regain some EAF points...... if he color matches the top ;)

Cool idea, no idea of quality of construction. RTT still cheaper but this would allow more flexibility and uses.

Well now that the #BBT is all one color I can proceed with getting it #EAF ready and head to Colorado. I had the drawer system thrown together good enough to go to Big Bend but not finished out.

I had the drawers all in on the 1.23 mile long full extension sides and since I made the decision not to sleep in them I needed a way to organize all the #overland gear like fancy quick dry underwear and my coffee gear, I needed some dividers or some sort of totes. The proper size of said totes evidently don't exist on this planet. So since I have a cabinet shop somewhat available to me after hours I just decide that I'll build them. BAD DECISION. Those damn things took me longer to build than the whole drawer system!

They had to be light but sturdy so I used 1/4" maple plywood with alder pieces cut on 45 degree angles to hold everything together in the corners. Copious amounts of glue were used as well.
20170809_165654.jpg
20170809_172249.jpg
20170809_172305.jpg
20170809_172612.jpg
20170809_181941.jpg

And yes that is a compound miter with the saw rotated to 45 degrees cutting a double bevel on 31.62 degrees.

A little caulk will cover up that sloppy craftsmanship ;)

Since no good #EAF rig is worth exploring in unless it has onboard air, water and electricity, those features have to be added. The front of the drawer system was opened up and a 13 gallon water tank along with a water pump, airpump and a deep cycle battery will be added. As soon as it goes back into the truck the side wings will be installed and I'll leave to @beno land to run the mountain passes around Silverton and Ouray.
20170809_193543.jpg
20170809_193609.jpg

20170809_193351.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom