Towing/ Camping /Trailers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you have lotto money you can always get one of these...

Limited Edition Lithium+ - Bowlus Road Chief
And that's all you need to know, right there
RoadChief.JPG

Well I started working on the m416 today. Both brakes were frozen or partially frozen so I took off the bed to access easier. I guess I will do some reading on how to fix them.

IMG_7245.JPG

Well I started working on the m416 today. Both brakes were frozen or partially frozen so I took off the bed to access easier. I guess I will do some reading on how to fix them.

View attachment 1436906

Its really a simple contraption once you break it down and look at it. It may just be your brake cable is seized (mine was and new ones available from kaiser or army jeep parts). The brake cable attaches to a lever on the back side of each drum with a little clevis pin. When cable is working, the chord pulls those levers, shoes expand and you got brakes. If the lever itself is frozen, hit it with some kroil and a brass hammer. If that doesnt fix it, take off the hubs (you probably need to change wheel bearings anyway) and make sure all the brake parts in the drum are good.

Last edited:
Its really a simple contraption once you break it down and look at it. It may just be your brake cable is seized (mike was and new ones available from kaiser or army jeep parts). The brake cable attaches to a lever on the back side of each drum with a little clevis pin. When cable is working, the chord pulls those levers, shoes expand and you got brakes. If the lever itself is frozen, hit it with some kroil and a brass hammer. If that doesnt fix it, take off the hubs (you probably need to change wheel bearings anyway) and make sure all the brake parts in the drum are good.

I will try the kroil and see if it works it's magic. Yes will probably need bearings. Did you get a bearing nut wrench to remove them?

Andy,

I may have a socket that fits. You're welcome to borrow it.

I will try the kroil and see if it works it's magic. Yes will probably need bearings. Did you get a bearing nut wrench to remove them?

I bought one. Mainly for the convenience of taking it with me on long trips. I carry bearings seals grease and that socket. Trying to avoid being the guy that holds up the group.

2 1/16" or 53mm right?

A guy on Facebook posted this site and said he could get good prices. Not sure if the quality but he quoted the small original for $671. I've asked for shipping quotes.

Freespirit Recreation | Roof Top Tents | Adventure Trailers
I'm in the market for one now and was looking at those. Are they the same guys behind CVT tents?

I drove from McComb, to Helena, Arkansas to grab this trailer from Outdoorboy, then back to Birmingham yesterday. I think I'm the 3rd or 4th mud owner of it. :grinpimp:

17966086_10212067282742507_8711775281573951433_o.jpg

I don't think they are. These are cheaper so not sure of durability compared to others. The guy is basically selling them at his cost initially to get his numbers up. The Original small is $671 and medium is $821. He is getting back to me about shipping.

I don't think they are. These are cheaper so not sure of durability compared to others. The guy is basically selling them at his cost initially to get his numbers up. The Original small is $671 and medium is $821. He is getting back to me about shipping.
They are just in the same town it seems. I just clicked on the buyers guide on expo forum on it has a small blub:
Free spirit is yet another small business based out of the town of Bend Oregon. They are relatively new to the market, and currently sell two models of free standing roof top tents, as well as several hand built camping trailers for motorcycles, UTV’s, and four wheel drives. Their soft-shell models appear to share similar design characteristics with some mid -level products in the industry, however they distinguish themselves through the use of heavier high quality fabrics.
Buyer’s Guide: Soft-Shell Roof Top Tents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom