Tow Rigs - Lets discuss (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Digging through this thread for that scrap metal place that bought the old DPF's and Cats good depository of info in here :cheers: cousin is putting a new exhaust on his F250 before our beach trip next month and was telling him he can get half his money back by selling the old one for scrap. He needs to do the programmer and EGR delete as well he's just getting to 100K on that 2009 6.4 but its been treating him right so far.
Ford Powerstroke Scrap DPF System Recycling Prices | DPFRecycler.com

Is the 6.4 pretty reliable? We're about to be in the market for a new tow rig and I don't see too many of them, at least with people I know.

Besides the radiator which Ford replaced under warranty he hasn't had any issues with it. I'm glad it worked out for him we both count on our rigs to tow those RV's across the country. How's the progress on the 80 going?

Copy of 20160619_105349.jpg

Meh, it's been going little by little. I have the front axle off now and I am hoping to rebuild it next week. I got a few dents out of it as well. I have a set of 16" rims and a snorkel set aside waiting to be installed. When the front axle goes back on, it is going in with ss brake lines and ome 2.5" heavies .

I'm hoping to order some good all terrains for it in the next few weeks. However, we just bought a bunch of furniture and a camper, so I have to watch my spending.

Once we have another tow rig, I will pull the Chevy into the next bay and pull the engine, trans, and hydroboost to prepare for transplant.

Meh, it's been going little by little. I have the front axle off now and I am hoping to rebuild it next week. I got a few dents out of it as well. I have a set of 16" rims and a snorkel set aside waiting to be installed. When the front axle goes back on, it is going in with ss brake lines and ome 2.5" heavies .

I'm hoping to order some good all terrains for it in the next few weeks. However, we just bought a bunch of furniture and a camper, so I have to watch my spending.

Once we have another tow rig, I will pull the Chevy into the next bay and pull the engine, trans, and hydroboost to prepare for transplant.

Awesome, look froward to seeing your progress on it :cheers:, congrats on the new camper what model did ya'll go with?

It's a 2017 Jayco JayFlight SLX 264bhw.

I don't know if I will have the engine swap done anytime soon, but I do plan on getting the lift and tires done and starting on armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom