Tow hitch recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to start towing - Trailers across the board. Not sure what's the best type of hitch out there. Want something that will allow RV towing, mid-size off-road trailers and simple home-depot type trailers. Your advice would be appreciated.
- I have about a 2.5 inch lift on my '98 100-series
- After market bumper

Mine came with a receiver, so I can't specifically recommend anything to buy, but when I was shopping some of the LCs I was looking at didn't have hitch receivers, so I had done some shopping. You need a receiver for starters, and I would get one specifically made for our rigs, which will accommodate the exhaust, etc.
2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com
Once you have the receiver, you will likely need/want a variety of hitches to go in based on the type of trailer you are towing (accumulate these as needed when you tow a new/different type trailer). I have to different "stingers" one with 2-5/16" ball for horse trailers and other heavier trailers, one with a 2" ball. There are other non-ball type hitches that allow for more articulation that are used by some of the off road "adventure" trailers. If your trailer weighs more than 50% of the tow rig, you should use a weight distributing hitch. I've been looking at the Andersen one, Andersen Hitches | Trailer Hitches, Ball Mount Hitches

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom