tow brake controller socket??? (1 Viewer)

Hi everybody - can you tell me what this socket is (ref photo) - Its located beside the drivers pedals - I really want it to be a socket for a brake controller....?

I went into this space (at the drivers pedals) looking for an ODB socket to plug in my 'reader' but could not locate it - can you help me with that also?

Thx
Jim

bunXjRVHQ12BSUQ3y7wd+Q.jpg

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
I don’t believe any of the 100 series came with brake controller wiring. Most came with a tow box in the rear drivers quarter that was a 4pin harness. But outside of that if you want more along the lines of a 7-pin with brake control and auxiliary power then that has to be installed separately. Just messed with mine in my build thread.

Hi everybody - can you tell me what this socket is (ref photo) - Its located beside the drivers pedals - I really want it to be a socket for a brake controller....?

I went into this space (at the drivers pedals) looking for an ODB socket to plug in my 'reader' but could not locate it - can you help me with that also?

Thx
Jim

View attachment 2398028
I found the ODB2.......

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
Good, the OBDII is usually next to foot well above the gas pedal. Believe it is grey colored and a bit oblong shaped. Doesn't look like any of the other normal plugs that you would come across.

Eyedaho

SILVER Star
I don’t believe any of the 100 series came with brake controller wiring. Most came with a tow box in the rear drivers quarter that was a 4pin harness. But outside of that if you want more along the lines of a 7-pin with brake control and auxiliary power then that has to be installed separately. Just messed with mine in my build thread.
I think later year 100s (like 2003+?) are pre wired for a trailer brake controller, but that ain't it. Based on threads I've seen on here, it's just past elbow deep up behind the lower dash/knee panel below the steering wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom