toting guns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is this the 40 pic?

Ahh, so nice. Yeah, that's the one he means.

Hey Thorvald, you shoot any bambies yet this year?

what do you recon, Vintage offroad could sell that one for a mint, a classic factory anti terrorist kit

I took out bambi's mom with a bow. She was so small my daughter hoisted her into the trailer, game cart and all!

my old roommates nephew killed his first duck 2 years ago and his dad told him he had to finish off the duck by biting the head off at the neck... he didnt even flinch and took the head right off smiling with blood dripping down his face and shirt. -- makes a really nice pic which i wish i had

for some reason all the girls thought it was really grouse while he got his props from everbody else

his dad is in the special forces and they seem to do things a little different

IDave give your daughter that job instead of hoisting.

Hmm. Somehow I don't think I have that much influence over her!

And I somehow doubt Ozzy was ever in special forces :rolleyes:

The rack I was speaking about is from rugged gear. They also make racks for atv's etc. The dual upright gun rack retails for 79.99. I took a few pictures of mine mounted and the D#%& computer would not load them...
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner I spent the last ten days in the mountians hunting.
I hope you are able to find one of the racks they are really well built(kinda like a cruiser). You can also put a cable thru them and secure them in your cruiser. Just a thought.

Well, did you get anything?

If you want to email me the pic I'll post it for you.

I work as a guide for an outfitter up here in WA state. I took out hunters for 11 days and ended up taking 8 pretty decent bucks. I took my 9 year old daughter out and she shot a 5X4 whitetail with about a 20in spread she was really excited it beat the little 3X3 she shot last year. I am really proud of her we spent a lot of time at the range this summer. I bought her a browning a-bolt in the new 243 WSSM and she killed the buck at 186 yards (measured with range finder) the bi-pod was a really good investment, at 65 lbs its pretty hard for her to hold the gun steady offhand.
I've got a black bear, cougar and a elk but no buck yet I am going back out again tomorrow, to a ranch I haven't taken anyone to yet and I saw a really nice 5X5 scouting it this fall he'll probally score in the 170-180 range. The deer up here a really rutting hard it seems every time you see a doe you'll see a buck in tow. How have you been doing chasing bambi around?

I took a video of the rack with my digital camera then took snap shots off the tape but I cannot get the pictures to load as soon as I do I will send you some pictures.

The Rugged Gear company that made the rack in my cruiser also makes them for ATV's I just bought one for my quad last week and it is a really good mount as well.

Good luck hunting ;)

I got bambi's mom with a traditional bow this year.

Spikie the elk evaded me until I took out the rifle. Hunted 15 minutes with the 30-06.

Almost took a nice cinnamon bear with the bow, but I thought twice about it: I had nowhere to go to outrun him if he got mad! By then, he was gone.

IDave where are you located at? anywhere near WA? I used to bow hunt alot but anymore with guiding I barely have time to hunt for me and its hard to turn down the $$$.

I was looking on line at gun racks I don't remember the name of the store but the rack was made by sky rack and it is an over head mount that looks pretty secure and moves the guns out of thieves line of sight.

During hunting this past week I had my binoculars stolen out of my cruiser that in itself is bad enough but loosing a rifle to a no good thief would really make me PO'd. The reason I mention this is that my extra rifle was locked in the rack in the cruiser and I could see they tried but the cable I bolted to the roll cage and locked to the gun prevented its theft. My binoculars were stolen by some one tresspassing as well we were on private property and the only public land was about 3-4 miles away. Some people have OO's if you know what I mean!!!!!!!

I'm in McCall, so, a ways away but less than a day.

No question bowhunting takes a lot of time. That can be good and bad. I just love wandering around and tracking. It is good exercise, and I prefer it over a gym. No question rifle hunting is more productive in terms of meat, though!
:cheers:

This the rack you have?

That is one of the racks I looked at the one I have from rugged gear is an upright. I have the mount between the seats mounted to the horizontal bars the seats are mounted to. The thing I like best is when I remove the rack the mounting plate is the same plate I mount my console box to. The rack itself is secured to the base with 6 wing bolts I usually only put 5 in for the rack and run the cable I lock my extra gun up with thru the extra hole.

The rack you showed above, I think would work really well mounted between the roll cage tubes you would probally have to modify the end mounts but I think it would work well. Just a thought. I am in the process of building an off road trailer for my quads and I am putting a box on the front I will be storing my extra rifle in that way it is kinda out of sight out of mind. If the theif can't see it then they are less likely to try and steal it.

IDave the rack is called the "freedom mount" from rugged gear I just lookid at my new Cabela's and it is in there now. I got my buck on the last day of the season it was a 5X5 whitetail and I had my buddy green score the rack and it green scores 181 and after deductions is 168 5/10ths he was RUTTING hard when I saw him he was chasing does and pushing a couple of other bucks away. I shot him at about 325-350yds. That 257 wtby mag is SWEET, he dropped in his tracks. You should have seen the looks I got bringing him onto base on the roof rack:) We got about 10 in of snow look out coyote's here I come. I have gave up on the pictures off the digital cam-corder I am going to go buy a regular digital camera. Then I will post some pictures of my cruiser and my buggy.

Sounds like a great hunt! Looking forward to the pix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom