Torsion Adjustment Location and TechStream Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Received TechStream this weekend and having issues running on Windows 7. Going to find and old XP laptop this weekend. In the meantime I'm looking for the torsion adjustment bolt. Am I assuming correctly that I will need to remove the skid plate? If not, can someone provide the location? I was going to give it a couple of cranks as suggested to relieve some pressure. Thanks in advance!

Huh?

It's the only 30mm bolt on the entire rig. Can't miss them roughly halfway from front to back on each side.

Admittedly there has been 6 inches of snow on the ground since three days after I got it! I look a bit closer.

Its almost aligned with the front driver or passenger door handle, but obviously it’s underneath. You’ll see it; 30mm bolt

Here’s what you’re looking for:
41537FA4-3347-4554-B096-EE1E4CCE819B.jpeg

Regarding Techstream, I run it on Windows 7 without issue. Which one did you get and what problems are you having?

Here’s what you’re looking for:
View attachment 2595683

Regarding Techstream, I run it on Windows 7 without issue. Which one did you get and what problems are you having?
I'll grab a shot of my TechStream disc later. I'm sure it's the laptop it had issues before I installed it. I'll try again and give some more details.

Received TechStream this weekend and having issues running on Windows 7. Going to find and old XP laptop this weekend. In the meantime I'm looking for the torsion adjustment bolt. Am I assuming correctly that I will need to remove the skid plate? If not, can someone provide the location? I was going to give it a couple of cranks as suggested to relieve some pressure. Thanks in advance!
Have you watched my video on AHC? I think that'll show you everything pretty clearly.

I found it... lazy me. I gave both a good dowsing with PB plaster (see picks before and after). I'll let that sit for a day or two then hit it again. I'm not even going to attempt to turn a wrench on anything until I deal with treating the rust. That being said, I'll soak it again and attempt to adjust once the bolt moves freely. I have plenty to do on the undercarriage in terms of removing and treating surface rust. So, I'll hit a few time more... maybe on a warm day here soon, I'll crack them. I've learned patients pays...

image_50411777 (1).JPG
image_50416385.JPG

As I said in previous posts - she is not a daily so time is on my side. I want to get the undercarriage and rust issue under control before she goes in for Timing Belt and H2O pump later this month. Everything that looks even slightly rusty gets PB blasted now and more to come. Wire, brush... treat... you know the drill.

:eek:

I feel so blessed to have a southern 100

Indeed you are - this one had scant time me left. But I caught it in time. I'll be working on the frame and treating the under carriage this week if anyone has a good rust neutralizer they would recommend let me know... Other wise I blast everything with PB Blaster (I know it's pricey buy ill empty a few cans just coating everything. I've used PB as a rust solvent in the past and it works well. After that I'll brush the entire frame down with Naval Jelly (being the sailor I am I've used a lot of Naval Jelly). If anyone has suggestions let me know.

Last edited:
You'll be adjusting the torsion bar bolt every year at least. You may consider getting rid of that rust-love part and buying a new assembly to make it easier going forward

I just caught your post. I also have a 98 LX470. I'm wondering what success you've had with installing Techstream. I'm struggling. Any suggestions?

I just caught your post. I also have a 98 LX470. I'm wondering what success you've had with installing Techstream. I'm struggling. Any suggestions?
Still struggling a bit myself... I can get it to run long enough to reset a code but, that's about it. I'm planing on giving it some love this weekend. I'll let you know. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom