Todays wrenching (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you can make it to VA Ironpig is in Fredericksburg. Not sure if you are going that way or not. If you need Lance's number let me know.

Good luck.

Mike

Thanks made it home last night at midnight drove just over 1000 miles yesterday 😎lost the wipers coming out of Buffalo stayed ahead of the rain but hit fog at times Epic Adventure!😂

33F0C6F7-0065-419F-BDDA-923F3357B1CB.jpeg

It's been....a while. Finally getting back to wrenching on my truck, thanks to a kick in the rear from my dad.

We're starting in on sanding and prep for repainting my 6/77 FJ-40, going with Sky Blue (854).

The truck (w/o amby doors, sides, and top) is out at Greg's Restorations in Rutland, MA, for a bunch of mechanical work. Should be a nice jump start to get this project going again, and frees me up to spend more time on the repaint with my dad (he loves that kind of work).

Trying to get in a couple sessions in the shop each week, and hope to have the truck back from Greg's before they salt the roads, which might be tight...

ambydoorprep.jpg

popambydoor.jpg

It's been....a while. Finally getting back to wrenching on my truck, thanks to a kick in the rear from my dad.

We're starting in on sanding and prep for repainting my 6/77 FJ-40, going with Sky Blue (854).

The truck (w/o amby doors, sides, and top) is out at Greg's Restorations in Rutland, MA, for a bunch of mechanical work. Should be a nice jump start to get this project going again, and frees me up to spend more time on the repaint with my dad (he loves that kind of work).

Trying to get in a couple sessions in the shop each week, and hope to have the truck back from Greg's before they salt the roads, which might be tight...

View attachment 2822140

View attachment 2822141
Welcome back man!!!!

Posted this in the body & paint section of the forum, but figured I'd throw it out to the YT braintrust.

Anybody have any experience with one of these? My old man and I are stripping my 6/77 FJ-40 for a full repaint.

Looking for some tools that will help speed up the process and reduce the elbow grease needed for my pops.

Posted this in the body & paint section of the forum, but figured I'd throw it out to the YT braintrust.

Anybody have any experience with one of these? My old man and I are stripping my 6/77 FJ-40 for a full repaint.

Looking for some tools that will help speed up the process and reduce the elbow grease needed for my pops.
A guy by the name of @Prairie Swamp has used one. He’s not in the group but maybe he can speak up since I tagged him.

Had a couple hours to chip away at the project this weekend. Got the windshield frame off, and passenger side fender.

I think my next move is to set up the blasting cabinet and pressure pot blaster I scored. Both Harbor Fright, but hard to beat for $125. Both units need some work, but I'm closing in on that.

IMG_5924 Medium.jpeg

Was investigating the engine clunking noise on my fj40 project and found this.
Its a 1fz engine, I knew the power steering pump gear was making the noise but looks like something got into the gears and damaged the oil pump gear also.

F290B007-B139-4083-B36E-123E837A1385.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom