To wait or not to wait… The H3 vs. FJ Cruiser Story (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

j7addict said:
...I want to get a truck as close as possible to it. And I'm not talking about quality only, but capable as well.
If you were to look all around the world, I think you would easily find many more Prado platform vehicles operating in severe conditions than you would S10 (or whatever the current GM compact truck platform is called) platform vehicles. Probably because of quality and capability. Those are the platforms the FJ Cruiser and H3 are based on...

Iam not gonna bad mouth chevys ok I will my girlfriends parents bought a trailblazer and a 2500 pickup last year the trailblazer is in the shop more than its on the road..abs went out..tranny..4wd system twice..windows not working...and more check engine lights that could be counted. the pickup isnt as bad no major drivetrain problems but many little things like window not working, power locks working when they want sometimes when driving they flip on and off. and both these cars are less than 30,000 miles. my 1991 80 has fewer problems. now I dont mind the way the H3 looks but I dont think you will ever see it because it will be in the shop if its like most of the new GMs.

strap

Get a newer 80!

The only short comings are the weight (in mud and soft sand) and the rear overhang. I dn't complain about the rear overhang when I'm sleeping in the truck or carrying stuff.

Besides, to offset the weight get wider tires (w/ lower pressure) and the rear overhang is not a problem sitting on 6" of lift and 37" tires :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom