To the people that use their FJC as a daily driver / commuter: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love the FJ!! Commute about 300 miles a week..It costs a lot for fuel ($410.00 per month)...I have a MT/6 gets an avg. 14 mpg hwy

Last edited:
Ours is my wife's DD....but shoe works 5 miles from home. :D We put 10k on ours in a year...and most of that was too and from the woods. :cool:

I love the FJ!! Commute about 300 miles a week..It costs a lot for fuel ($410.00 per month)...I have a M/T6 gets an avg. 14 mpg hwy

I changed to a magnaflow muffler - std 2-1/2" like stock - and put in the TRD CAI and the mileage on my lifted MT6 w/ BFG 285/70/17 AT's went up significantly, from roughly 14 in the city and 16 highway to 15+ city and as high as 19+ Highway w/ no traffic @ 70mph. Definitely worth the mods

Not to hijack the thread, but how would the FJC work as a family vehicle for my wife. We have a 7 month old and she wants an SUV. The main concern is putting a child in the backseat, how easy it would be to get them in and out?

Nick

I've seen to many bad reviews from women who thought the FJC was a cute little family SUV for getting growseries and hauling kids around. I think she'd be better off with a 4runner, unless she really likes the feel of an off-road vehicle. Those back seats are kind of small too, so when the kids start to grow up, it'll start to seem a bit small real fast.

The back seat works great for my dogs, but I personaly like my wifes Saturn Vue for getting growsries (it has a nice built in fold up growsery holder in the back) and hauling people around (with it's roomier back seat).

Not to hijack the thread, but how would the FJC work as a family vehicle for my wife. We have a 7 month old and she wants an SUV. The main concern is putting a child in the backseat, how easy it would be to get them in and out?

Nick

The biggest problem I encounter is when in a parking lot, with a car parked alongside your vehicle, it can be tough getting both doors open and getting in and out of the back seat. Its kind of a pain with the suicide doors - of couse, my opinion based on driving one for 14 months.

Carl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom