To buy or not to buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey squad. Wanted to get more eyes on this. I don't want to assume or jump to conclusions but this seems like a flip to me. Anyone feel the same way? Any thoughts on this cruiser? I've been in the market for a while and I keep striking out, seems impossible to find a good deal. Any thoughts are appreciated.

These two links are the current listing:

And here is a link to a video that the "previous owner" posted on the BAT thread:

You can see rust holes in the wheel wells, peeling clear coat, etc. and now about a year later it has new paint, rust "treatment" on the underside but the guy has no information on who did the paint, who treated the rust, if it was done properly etc.

Anyways, not trying to offend anyone so if this is your listing please reach out so we can chat. Just trying to do my due diligence.

Are you sure that the video you posted is of the same 80 and that you've not mistakenly associated your video with the listed 80?

The 2 youtube videos that I see on the BAT thread do not include the video you posted. They look like different 80s to me or else a ton of work was done between your video and the photos/video on BAT. The rust differences, worn out steering wheel, etc. are obvious differences and I'm sure that with a close review more could be found.

I guess I have the same question you have but it just doesn't seem like the same 80, thus the video you shared seems unrelated unless a ton of work was done which would have to be very well documented for the price to make sense. I'd also have to do an in person inspection to verify that the work / paint was to my standard before jumping into that 80.

Just use basic car buying logic and don’t let your emotions get the better of you.
• Never buy a car that has been in the rust belt.
• Never buy a car that has been in the hurricane belt (flood damage).
• Buy a car with as few previous owners as possible.
• Avoid flippers. And Florida. And Orange $ounty CA.
• Avoid cars with a *hitload of black spray paint on the underside.
• Only buy a car with a positive maintenance history.
The car you showed fails these tests. And was way to expensive for all the unknowns.
That car looked like this:

Lipstickpig.jpeg

Are you sure that the video you posted is of the same 80 and that you've not mistakenly associated your video with the listed 80?

The 2 youtube videos that I see on the BAT thread do not include the video you posted. They look like different 80s to me or else a ton of work was done between your video and the photos/video on BAT. The rust differences, worn out steering wheel, etc. are obvious differences and I'm sure that with a close review more could be found.

I guess I have the same question you have but it just doesn't seem like the same 80, thus the video you shared seems unrelated unless a ton of work was done which would have to be very well documented for the price to make sense. I'd also have to do an in person inspection to verify that the work / paint was to my standard before jumping into that 80.
Yeah the video was posted by someone other than the seller in the BAT thread, so I’m positive it’s the same truck.

Just use basic car buying logic and don’t let your emotions get the better of you.
• Never buy a car that has been in the rust belt.
• Never buy a car that has been in the hurricane belt (flood damage).
• Buy a car with as few previous owners as possible.
• Avoid flippers. And Florida. And Orange $ounty CA.
• Avoid cars with a *hitload of black spray paint on the underside.
• Only buy a car with a positive maintenance history.
The car you showed fails these tests. And was way to expensive for all the unknowns.
That car looked like this:

View attachment 3416118
Thanks. I agree, just needed someone to talk me down haha. Being in the market for this long is just frustrating.

You could also compare the VIN from the listings, I cannot open the ebay one but the BaT has a VIN listed.

Also, if you feel uncomfortable on proceeding then it may not be the truck for you. I would listen to my gut (not emotions) and wait for the right one for you.

The BaT listing shows a bunch of rust peeking out from behind whatever that black stuff is.

Screenshot_20230831_112832_Brave.jpg

Whoever did the rust treatment skipped the treatment part, or only did it on the easiest bits to reach.

Don't be one of those fools who only looks for "triple locked" rigs.

I wouldn't buy it for $28500. Not with the rust seen at 9:32 and 9:54.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom