To all New Zealand 12HT tinkerers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi to all you Kiwi 12HT owners !

I´m looking for an old 12ht boost diaphragm which I can use as an template to search for an new one.

(There is no part no. for this part in the parts catalogue)

Also consider to borrow a good one and send it back afterwards.

Would be good to get in contact with of the old school Land Cruiser friends in NZ too !

Cheers
Tilmann

Have you taken it to an injection shop? They can usually match them easily.

Josh, Dougal,
thanks for your replies.
@ Dougal: Thats why I´m looking for an template as I need my truck on the road.

Hi Dougal,
Tu parles français ?
Yes it is this part -
this pictures are from Tim Law in Perth - I have seen them before.

Josh, Dougal,
thanks for your replies.
@ Dougal: Thats why I´m looking for an template as I need my truck on the road.

Can you access your boost compensator easily? I assume it's a similar setup to a 1HD-T, you could pull it in the parking lot and bring it inside with you, then put it back together and be on your way?

Edit: googled it, looks totally different, nevermind.

Yeah, totally different setup, I have already thought about fitting a Bosch VE pump type instead of the huge and complicated denso inline pump.

The reason you won't find a Toyota P/N is that's a Denso part. Which likely crosses over to Zexel/Bosch part numbers and also aftermarket.

A good pump shop will be able to match it up easily based off photos and measurements. I won't however recommend the last shop I used as they invoiced me for the phone call they answered to sell me the parts.

Inline pumps are better.

Well, the whole injection pump is full off Toyota part numbers - but for some reason the diaphragm is only available with the complete upper part of the govenor. Still listed and you can buy it for many thousand NZD...
I am also quite a fan of the inline pumps. But if things wear out the destribitor pumps are somewhat easier and cheaper to maintain or repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom