TLC for grocery getter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need someone to talk some sense in to me
but maybe it's too late not sure.

but I am about to plunk down $6000 for a tlc
I know nothing about fixing cars myself.

so I will be doing all maintenance at EBI...

I am getting the truck without inspection. But it has many records from the toyota dealership.
I have to add, the previous owner is also just some exec at a company that drives the car for grocery and go to work and taking kids to soccer practice.

Am I going to regret this. but worst come to worst, I just let go the truck , take a loss , no harm done right?

I plan not to wheel the truck. just a grocery getter. driving kids to school.
I don't drive much, maybe 5000 to 10000 kms per year.

I am hoping all issues can be fixed by EBI ...

Last edited:
I know its going to be a money pit.
But the thought of owning one and pride of owning it so hard to over come..

I know its going to be a money pit.
But the thought of owning one and pride of owning it so hard to over come..

Well as long as you know that going in then that's half the battle. So go for it!

What is it anyways, 60/70/80/100/200?

And yes EBI will be able to look after all your needs.

for anyone who is a regular at EBI. how do you do it. I guess you take a day off? or drop it off and get a ride to get to work?

for the past 10 years I have been spoiled. my mechanic was able to work around my work schedule but with EBI at 9-5PM mon - Fri. that will change.

You don't need a Cruiser, you need a mini van.

But you obviously WANT a cruiser, so why not?! Right off the bat don't be surprised to have it cost you a lot of dough to get baselined up to snuff, unless you've lucked into the unicorn owner that actually looked after it properly. Once there, it should be fairly reasonable to maintain. If it's a gasser they get crap mileage, so be ready for that. The diesels do better, but they're no TDi jetta.

FWIW, for the last 15 years or so I've had a beater car for DD duties to keep the junk miles off my Cruiser(s). I still end up driving one of the LCs for some reason most days, as they make me happy, and my ****box cars don't :D

Bring it out to to a meeting - we will try to taunt you into taking it wheeling. You will love it, then start feeling like your truck is inadequately built, then you can justify getting the mini van you should have gotten in the first place for a DD, and start building a proper cruiser :flipoff2:

So what are you buying? For $6k I'm guessing 91-92 gasser 80 series? How many miles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom