Tire/Wheel Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I found some 2008 18 inch Tundra Wheels that should match the 5 bolt 150 bolt pattern + 60 millimeter offset I believe. Does anybody know if these are also Hub Centric like our Land Cruiser 470 Wheels and will mate up with my 470 hubs? I am assuming so.

They will fit but center caps in front will need some attention or modification. This is the case with about any Tundra based wheel option. No big deal.

as JayM mentioned, there's a little modification needed. I have the same set of wheels, however, opted to roll without the caps. The stock tundra caps will fit the rears without a problem, but obviously not the fronts, unless you modify those as well - I think there's an example of one in the 100 series photo thread or the Tundra wheel thread.

this was at 50 psi, I have since lowered it to 38 and it's better. for some reason costco swears I should be running 50 but I know I don't need to
When I installed my KO2's the guy in the tire shop put 70 PSI on them, because that's what written in the side wall, there was no way to make him understand that that was the max pressure.... drove home and aired down to 35. smooth ride but KO2's look deflated (I know they're not)

My LX470 has a integrated hitch and my 275/70/18 BFG KO2 tire fits in there just fine. My mileage is ~13.8-14.5 in town and ~16mpg highway with the KO2's. I run 40psi cold. Stock AHC suspension.
I can only imagine a MPG like that.... I was getting 10/13 before the upgrades, so now i'm probably around 8/11

Will a Lexus cap fit the front Tundra wheel?
It fits, make sure you buy the right size. I didn't measure and the one i bought turned out to be about 1/2 inch smaller in diameter, so i had to add some "persuasion" to the fitment.

20161208_100157.jpg

I can only imagine a MPG like that.... I was getting 10/13 before the upgrades, so now i'm probably around 8/11

I'm amazed at how low mileage some people get. I mean if I'm romping on it around town I usually still get ~11.5-12mpg.

When I installed my KO2's the guy in the tire shop put 70 PSI on them, because that's what written in the side wall, there was no way to make him understand that that was the max pressure.... drove home and aired down to 35. smooth ride but KO2's look deflated (I know they're not)

It fits, make sure you buy the right size. I didn't measure and the one i bought turned out to be about 1/2 inch smaller in diameter, so i had to add some "persuasion" to the fitment.

View attachment 1366007
UI

Will measure. Thanks. I got the other Tundra rim design.

View attachment 1366007

View attachment 1366007
I will measure thanks. I got the other Tundra 18 inch wheels. Toyota Tundra 2008 18" Wheel Rim 69516. I assume these will fit?

I'm amazed at how low mileage some people get. I mean if I'm romping on it around town I usually still get ~11.5-12mpg.
The differences are amazing. I got about 14 in town 16 on the highway if I'm running under 80. I have an 05 LX.

I don't know if my wheels came off a 2WD Tundra, but didn't fit on the LX hub, needed "deeper" caps.
There are several Lexus caps on different sizes, the ones i bought online, and to be fair, not even looking at the size, were slightly smaller in diameter, so i had to massage them to get them in. I'm sure there are caps out there with the right diameter.

View attachment 1363451

I don't know if my wheels came off a 2WD Tundra, but didn't fit on the LX hub, needed "deeper" caps.
There are several Lexus caps on different sizes, the ones i bought online, and to be fair, not even looking at the size, were slightly smaller in diameter, so i had to massage them to get them in. I'm sure there are caps out there with the right diameter.

View attachment 1363451

I have looked but have found differing answers. Sorry in advance. I have an 01 LX with 16 in wheels. Is the general consensus that these Tundra wheels can fit, just not the center pieces? Also, can I throw on any 100 series LX wheels (specifically the 18s) with ease except for the center pieces as well? I wanted to make a thread but this is a similar thread. Thank you again everyone, and feel free to refer a previous posting of this matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom