Tire Pressure recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey @gaijin , I just got a new set of BFG K03 in LT285/75/R17 and ran the RCTP calculator and got 37 psi for RCTP.
IMG_0141.webp

I think I got all the inputs right but I’ve been running 42 psi in the last set of K02s (same 285/75/17 size). I had thought I ran the same calculator for the K02s but maybe I didn’t or I screwed that one up. Can you confirm the 37 psi calculated above?
 
Hey @gaijin , I just got a new set of BFG K03 in LT285/75/R17 and ran the RCTP calculator and got 37 psi for RCTP.
View attachment 4206064
I think I got all the inputs right but I’ve been running 42 psi in the last set of K02s (same 285/75/17 size). I had thought I ran the same calculator for the K02s but maybe I didn’t or I screwed that one up. Can you confirm the 37 psi calculated above?

The RCTIP for LT285/75R17 tires on an LC200 is, indeed, 37psi F/R.

HTH
 
@gaijin
2021 Land Cruiser
Continental terrain contact at2 275/65r18 116t
RTP ?
Thanks

For this tire:
1788444774542.webp


The RCTIP (Recommended Cold* Tire Inflation Pressure) is 33psi F/R.

*According to Toyota:

Tire Pressure vs. Tire Temperature

Tire temperature is dependent on “cold” tire pressure, driving distance and speed, ambient temperature and road surface temperature. As the temperature of the tire changes, air in the tire expands and contracts, changing the tire’s air pressure. The cold tire pressure for all Toyota models will vary and will need to be adjusted accordingly.

“Cold” tire pressure, as shown on the tire pressure label on our vehicles, is generally considered to be the pressure in a tire that has not been driven in the past 4 hours and has been parked outdoors.

HTH
 
Back
Top Bottom