Tint recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sdnative

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

I need to get the wife's accord windows tinted and may do the LC as well. I have no idea what products are good and who the good installers are in San Diego.

I am reading good things about XPEL XR and Rayno Phantom. Do I want ceramic or other? Honestly I have no idea. It needs to be maximum UV resistance and have good heat rejection. Maybe 70-50% transmittance, some darkening but still want good visibility at night. Primary goal is UV and IR reduction.

Any product and installer recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Subscribing... Would love to learn more about this.

Sorry, I won't be much help for a location in San Diego. However just had our 200 done here at Tint Plus in Laguna Hills. We've had them tint the majority of our vehicles. They use Formula One. We went with Pinnacle Series 15 on all but the windshield and the lightest shade, 70 I think, of the new Stratos Series film to provide maximum heat reduction on the windshield. Kind of wish I ponyed up the extra money to the Stratos on the rest of the vehicle. Definitely feels cooler than the 80's windshield...but they may just be me trying to justify the extra money spent on windshield😆 The Stratos line is supposed to really help with the IR.

I you don't want the "tinted" front they do offer Air Blue. Either way adding the film to the front window makes an amazing amount of difference to the heat felt I the vehicle. I highly recommend it.

What I know, ceramic is worth it. My old 03 Tacoma now owned by my dad had it's window tinted with ceramic 10+ years ago and still looks like new.

Our 80 has the windshield done too. I've got so use to it I'm not bothered by it at night. The front side windows can bug a bit but that only when it really dark, without a lot of ambient light. In those cases I roll them down enough to see out of. The previous owner did them in limo; they're DARK. The 200s front sides aren't as dark with the 15 and I haven't had to roll them down yet. To be safe, if you want to maintain good night visibility stay away from the darker tints, 15-30, on the front. I like them really dark the in the rear.

I'm getting my cruiser XPEL covered and windows tinted by Auto Armour PPF in San Diego this coming July when I get back from overseas. No first hand knowledge, but they've got amazing reviews online.

I’ve used them on all my cars and truck. Customer service is ok, nothing special but the attention to detail and the quality of their work is amazing. I use Crystalline 3m which is expensive vs ceramic tint but it has made a huge difference in all of my vehicles.

Tint is definitely one of those where you get what you pay for. I got the ceramic on the 60 and made a world of difference. I did not do the front windshield and still need to do it as it lets in a LOT of heat.

Reactions: KTP

I’ve used them on all my cars and truck. Customer service is ok, nothing special but the attention to detail and the quality of their work is amazing. I use Crystalline 3m which is expensive vs ceramic tint but it has made a huge difference in all of my vehicles.

Did you do all the windows in a LC? What did it run you?

my wife just installed XPEL Prime XR on her DD last week.
cost $400 for the car plus $200 for the windshield.
we are very happy with results and definitely recommend.

So $400 for all the windows except the windshield? Is this a car or SUV? Where did you get it done?

my wife just installed XPEL Prime XR on her DD last week.
cost $400 for the car plus $200 for the windshield.
we are very happy with results and definitely recommend.

Bumping this back up. Got busy with other things and this was put on the back burner.

What transmittance did you go with?

I am leaning towards the XPEL Prime XR at this point. Seems to well regarded. I have been getting quotes on a 4dr Accord of around $450-$550 for all the windows except the windshield, and $700-$800 including the windshield. Seems high, but maybe that's what it is these days. I know you get what you pay for, and am not necessarily looking for super cheap, but good value. I did call Mr. Tint and they are on the lower end of that range. I may go that route, but want to make a few more calls first.

got my tint on the front 2 windows and my windshield at auto armour ppf in San Diego

which tint did you go with and what was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

I called them today but no answer. I'll try again during the week.

which tint did you go with and what was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

I called them today but no answer. I'll try again during the week.
They're closed on weekends I believe.

I believe they did 40% (I just told them to match the OEM tint as closely as possible) on my front windows.

They did 95% (whatever the lightest amount of tint, numbers are in reverse) for my windshield. The front windshield had a UV blocker as well (I think, I told them whatever would keep the most heat out and trusted their expertise) which is what helps keep out the heat.

Think I paid around 700 bucks. When I first got my cruiser they did a clear XPEL wrap on 80% of my cruiser. I was hemoraging cash at point and can't remember what it cost individually.

112BE950-1944-44AD-A2EB-2A53D1B7366E.jpeg

5C4CC03B-8D0B-439B-AFC6-780A368099EF.jpeg

34CAED87-BB94-4223-A57F-E8ACEA85104D.jpeg

Thanks. That look great!

I don't think I want to go quite that dark. Maybe 50-60% LTV we will see. Main concern is blocking UV and still want good visibility in all conditions.

I am considering doing the windshield as well, but realized I would have to get it re-done every time I replaced a broken windshield. Not sure if this is covered by insurance, have to check on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom