Timing Belt Service Done - I think the price was fair (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I finally pulled the trigger and had the timing belt replaced at 100K today. Services performed:

Timing Belt replaced
Accessory Drive Belt replaced (belt provided by me)
Oil and Filter Change (Mobile 1 Oil and Filter provided by me because it is much cheaper at Costco)
Vehicle Inspection

Total came to $413 after various discounts

They advised that the water pump, pulleys and cam seals are all fine with no fluid seeping out.

Fair price?

Just had mine done, got all the parts through CDAN (thanks!!) and had all this done:

T-Belt
S-Bellt
Water pump
all new oil seals
crank seals
new plugs
coolant flush

There was a bunch of other stuff done too, can't remember, but all came out to like $850 for everything parts and labour. At 145k the water pump was leaking where I couldn't see it either, plus other seals were ready to be replace. I would have done that if I were you, but I hope you don't have any issues. Anyway, overall I thought that was a pretty good price...

Just had mine done, got all the parts through CDAN (thanks!!) and had all this done:

T-Belt
S-Bellt
Water pump
all new oil seals
crank seals
new plugs
coolant flush

There was a bunch of other stuff done too, can't remember, but all came out to like $850 for everything parts and labour. At 145k the water pump was leaking where I couldn't see it either, plus other seals were ready to be replace. I would have done that if I were you, but I hope you don't have any issues. Anyway, overall I thought that was a pretty good price...

Excellant price!!!

T-Belt
S-Bellt
Water pump
all new oil seals
crank seals
new plugs
coolant flush

Wow, 145k!! I thought I was tempting fate changing mine out at 118k. How did the T-belt look?

90k on an 98 to 03 LC or LX at our shop includes:
Oil and Filter, (OES) Filter, 5w-30 Synthetic Blend
Engine Air Filter (DENSO)
Trans Fliud Change (DII) non Synthetic
Front, Center and Rear Diff Fluid Change (Full Synthetic with LSD Additive)
8 Iridium Denso Plugs
Timing Belt (OES)
Water Pump (AISIN)
2 Gallons Toyota 50/50 Coolant
2 Front Cam Seals (OES)
1 Front Crank Seal (OES)
Drive Belt (BANDO)
2 Front Outer Wheel Seals (OES) for Wheel Brg Re-pack
Brake Fluid Change (DOT 4)
A/C Cacin Filters (2) for the LX ONLY (DENSO)
AHC Fluid Change for LX ONLY (OES FLUID)
2 Front Wiper Blades (DENSO)
1 Rear Wiper Blade (DENSO)
And countless other inspections
LC Approximately 1450.
LX Approximately 1540.

Just wanted you guys to know what your getting when you call and ask for 90k quotes at differnet places that you've got to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges
Most Non vehicle secific Independent shops will not know about the known water pump leaks or the wheel brg repack at 90k.
Toyota or Lexus specific shops or Dealers will be aware of the water pump and wheel brg repack intervals and other common failures to look for.
Glenn
Charleston Toyota Lexus Mechanic Lex-Tech James Island West Ashley Folly Beach

Cheers Thanks Glenn! Very helpful. Mine was done at an independent prior to my purchasing it and they left most things off this list.

So it was $100 more afterall, he forgot the water pump cost. Still a great deal and I check it all out and it all looks great. Even the battery install was done great with anti corrision coating on the terminals. Anyone in Oklahoma should head to Metric Motors and speak to Bryan.

I might be driving to Katy to have this done within the next year. Thanks to all who have posted these prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom