Times like this I hate dealing with some people. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I sent this to a fellow cruiser bud.

I think he was an EMT or something as his Suburban had some sort of EMT training sticker on the rear window. I explained to him about the full floating rear axle and the locker so he would know what those were, and the disc brake conversion. What the ranger overdrive was and how to use it. Started the cummins up for him in one key turn. She still starts up every time. Love that engine.
Explained a lot of things to the guy. Why I changed the body and about the cancer in the fenders, rear fender flares, rockers, etc... common FJ55 rust and cancer. Then he told me what I had was not worth what I was asking. It was rusted out and needed way to much work for what I was asking. That it needed to be taken off the frame and have a complete body off restoration.

At this point Im not sure what this fellow is even thinking he was going to be seeing when he came here. I mentioned all this to him in text and over the phone. But I tell him good luck finding a rust free FJ55.

Thats when he tells me he already has one in his garage, thats rust free and he paid about the same amount I am asking for mine, and that it belongs to his son. His son is like 6 years old I think. I asked him, "You have a rust free FJ55 sitting in your garage?". He repeats he does and its in perfect condition almost mint and I tell him he has to be the luckiest man alive because over the years and with all the FJ55's I have owned only one has ever come close to being without rust and that was back in the mid 1990's. Then I looked at him and I asked him again.

I placed my hand on the pig and I asked him, "Wait a second, You're telling me you have one of these sitting in your garage that is rust and dent free?"...

He looks nervous and tells me, "Welll no its a BJ40."

Well then you have a 40 not a 55... He tries to argue with me that it is the same thing as a 55... I tell him it is not the same thing... they are two totally different animals... thats like telling me a corvette is the same as a camaro. He tells me its a Landcruiser there for it "IS!" the same thing. I tell him it is not but thank you for coming out and looking at my truck. (And I took the time to show him my truck letting him know I had a health condition and didnt want to be upset because the new meds are being increased again and creating issues with my thoughts. Yet he is picking a fight with me over this?? WTF?)

So I say... Look my friend every FJ55 you look at mister is going to be in the same shape rust and cancer wise for the most part as this one. They vary but they all have this type of cancer, very very few do not. Chasing unicorns. I wish you luck. If you do find one it is something that has already been restored and you will not get it for what I, selling this one for.

He showed me a photo of the 40 and it looked like it was professionally restored. And thats how he bought it? Ummmm ya right...

There are still good people out there, be patient and when you encounter a know it all, shut it down quick and move on to the next person. Life is too short to spend with time wasters. Hang in there.

There are still good people out there, be patient and when you encounter a know it all, shut it down quick and move on to the next person. Life is too short to spend with time wasters. Hang in there.

I let the guy know ahead of time I have 100% service connected temporal lobe epilepsy thats under another medication to try and get it under control. The medications are really messing with my entire system. With the guy being an EMT? and having this up front the last thing you would think he'd done is start raising his voice and trying to get into a shouting match because we all know a BJ40 is the same thing as an FJ55. My daughter sat there and watched him and actually started to walk into the house to get my folks when he began to spout off.
I diffused the situation by thanking him for coming to look at my truck. As soon as I said that sentence his facial tones changed and he began to walk back to his Suburban.

I feel your pain sir. Dealing with people can be very frustrating. Good luck selling your pig. If I had the duckets I'd come get it. I was just discussing with a friend yesterday. The only thing that keeps my cruiser collection problem to a minimum is the absence of funds, otherwise I'd have dozens and dozens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom