Three BF Goodrich AT KO2 Failures in 7 months

Discussion in 'Tire and Wheel Tech' started by Capt. Jim, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Biscuitjb

Biscuitjb

Just had a similar sidewall failure. Bfg say it was due to tire being under inflated and sidewall being pinched as a result. I heard a strange noise, which was a puncture, traveled at 65mph for about 5 min before realized something was wrong. Pulled over and noticed tire deflating. I estimate that the tire still had between 20-25 psi. It took twenty minutes till flat. The tire was 15000km old. I don't swallow their explanation. Tire was well within loading limits. I have been running a/t tires for 30yrs and this is first time I have seen this. Now don't trust bfg ko2 tires and will be selling the others. Disappointing from bfg/michellin

2. JayM

JayM

Just switched out my ko2's never ever could get them to balance. jumped up in size and went to nitto ridge grapplers balanced perfectly and never looking back.

Capt. Jim and bozncsurf like this.
  3. Thunder90

Thunder90

What size? I can’t balance my ko2s.

4. JayM

JayM

275/70/18 They have about 7k miles on them is all. I'm not too heart broken and will likely sell them I was really underwhelmed with the snow performance as well.

5. bozncsurf

bozncsurf

Mind sharing a pic ?

6. Thunder90

Thunder90

Actually meant what size up did you go with for the ridge grapplers

7. JayM

JayM

I put the Ridge Graps on my 20 inch wheels and pulled the 18 inch setup all together. I have run this same wheel setup on my 01 before with Terra's and really like the performance of the wider contact patch and the ability to get away from the e rated tires. Saves over 10 lbs per tire and the ride is sweet. We go out to the beach quite a bit and it works great without having to air down. I think it also out performs the the KO's in the winter stuff. If I stuck with the 18 inch I would have gone with the 305/65 but the weight and e rating was the draw back for my current usage of the vehicle.These are 305/55/20.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bozncsurf likes this.
  8. bozncsurf

bozncsurf

Looks really clean

I like the stance

9. JayM

JayM

The +60 offset is pretty ideal for the wider stuff. +50 would be dead on sometimes I can just rub the swaybar at full lock.

bozncsurf likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.