Thoughts on this, possible freeze plug repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up a used 1FZ that I know absolutely nothing about. I found this on the rear passenger side freeze plug. Kinda looks like some sort of plug or patch but have never seen anything like it before.

IMG_4366.JPG

Installed by machine shop.

When I had my 2F head done, they put something very similar at the back plug of the head.

Where did you find that block Stephen? Michigan? ;) :lol:

Installed by machine shop.

When I had my 2F head done, they put something very similar at the back plug of the head.

Where did you find that block Stephen? Michigan? ;) :lol:

Haha!! No, Raleigh! It's a complete motor with all accessories and ecu. I got it just for the cylinder head as my plans are to still get a short block from you sir.

@beno was it a patch or just something they put on to identify their work?

For the record I did go to Michigan over 10 years ago and hauled back this rust bucket. It started this whole crazy addiction

IMG_2184.PNG

Warranty plug. If you're an idiot and overheat the motor it melts off and they void the warranty on the rebuild.

Sweet 40! Makes me miss my Freeborn...

If it makes you feel any better, here is my free 1FZ-FE that I got...

IMG_5241.JPG
IMG_5243.JPG
IMG_7008.JPG
IMG_7009.JPG

Yup, it's a solder plug with a pre-determined melt point. I've used those hundreds of times when I was rebuilding engines and it was cheap insurance against claims. Once you show a customer the melted away center, after all their bitching and whining, they tend to calm down and realize it might have been something they did...like forgetting to fill the coolant system before driving it. Happened a few times...idiots.

If anyone knows overheating, it's @NLXTACY!! :rofl:

Also found what looks to be a Toyota parts sticker on the back of the head

IMG_4371.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom