Thinking of lining my flares myself, what say you? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OOO! Use dark grey. Then it will look like a LX450 and you can get some pink panties like Doug!

Josh83 said:
OOO! Use dark grey. Then it will look like a LX450 and you can get some pink panties like Doug!
It would look good.

As for the panties...they come with LX 450. You can't just go out and get any brand of pink panties and be one of us... :rolleyes:

Newps said:
Durabak is one of my clients, they have a new product, and it’s called "Smooth Durabak". Basically it is the liner material with out all the texture stuff. I have seen some samples and it looks like thick rubber paint. I believe this will be ideal on the outside of vehicles. I know one of the editors of 4Wheel & Off-road sprayed a complete rig with it. Don’t know how it turned out. I will have him e-mail me some pictures. Unfortunately I cannot post them, (you will have to wait and see the article in 4Wheel & off-road) but I will get an idea of how it turned out and let you all know. This product is currently available through www.durabakcompany.com.

Do they need a test vehicle? I'm leaving mine on until and IF I pull a Biff.

Sounds like the application directly onto flares would be easy??? w/o removing them?

Brentbba, I am checking with the one of the tech editors of 4Wheel Drive & SU. He will pitch the editor and see. I know you are local here in OC so this maybe easy install article. PM me in next week and check back, I have a ton on things on my plate with SEMA next week.

Brentbba said:
Do they need a test vehicle? I'm leaving mine on until and IF I pull a Biff.

Sounds like the application directly onto flares would be easy??? w/o removing them?
Interesting idea.

Given that the flares on the 94 are fiberglass and pretty darned fragile when it comes to impacts, lining the flares might be a really good idea. If you did ding them, it might help to protect them a bit. If you really bashed them...the liner stuff might do a decent job of "hiding" most of the damage.

Newps said:
Brentbba, I am checking with the one of the tech editors of 4Wheel Drive & SU. He will pitch the editor and see. I know you are local here in OC so this maybe easy install article. PM me in next week and check back, I have a ton on things on my plate with SEMA next week.

You got a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom