The start of Rapido's Build ..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after jumping from my built 80 to an 02' 100 series I'm finally starting my build.... the goal is to build a reasonably fast expo DD ..... the nickname comes from Princess..... she's impressed with the extra pep the Sc'er provides over the 80 series on 35's..... While I loved the 80, the limiting factor for using it many times came to it's ability to cover ground to get where we wanted....

The suspension is ordered up - Carl at Just Diff's was great to work with and I'm just waiting for the Icon's to ship... decided to go all-in for the suspension with stage 3's front -two's in the rear. I had a Donahoe setup on my old $runner and really am impressed

Friday I mounted up a set of 295/75/16's TG2's to run for a bit - waiting to see what I can fit in on an 18" once the lift is in.... will have these up for sale next month I suspect but I am impressed with how smooth the TG2's are ..... and they fit nicely even with the spent suspension.

Today I got the ARB bumper and Warn VR1000s mounted up - ran into a snag with the mounting of the fairlead so need to order a offset version from Slee... not sure I don't regret not going with Slee's bumper to start.... I loved it on my 80....

I picked up a set of DT headers from Carl and also ordered up their catback exhasut ot mathc and plan on having my local shop ( Ripley's) do a mandrel bent y-pipe and set of high flow cats...

Also ordered up a Gobi rack - stealth with a light bar setup..... hoping by early next month for that.

and the waiting continues.... rig as she sits now ( notably down in the nose !)

IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG

Looks good , can't wait to see how it turns out!!

I'm not sure where you drive most in the Houston area, but just north of Austin, the deer are everywhere. That alone would drive me to an ARB over the Slee (even though the Slee bumper looks better IMO).

Agree - and that was my thought initially ..... I just am not in love with the visual of the ARB and the overhang...... should've followed my gut.

Put it up in the classifieds this morning..... princess is shaking her head....but this rig is one I plan to build right and hold long term.

I really like the ARB Sahara bumper, where in the classifieds did you put it and will it fit a 2000 LX470? We have deer and elk everywhere in Colorado be nice to not total the car by accident and fill the freezer at the same time

Nice build. What is that thingy hanging from your frame that the running boards kept hidden? ;)

haha - that, the spare tire and rear hitch are today's projects..... still interested in the rear spoiler ?

E

My rear glass gets filthy, but I can deal with it. I'm in the market for 285s though, but might be interested in your 295's when you're ready to sell. We'll see what happens.

Very cool build. Love seeing it happen one thing at a time. I'm just starting mine. I'm having Slee install my OME 1.5" lift, with diff drop and UCAs in June. Just the beginning I'm sure ... :)

Yep- I was thinking of 18's but just snagged a set of Rock Warriors, really liked the weight and look of them... hopefully they'll be here end of next week. The 16's and new tires are in the classifieds - if anyone local is interested love to move them....

The Doug Thorley headers and cat-back arrrived yesterday.... going to get the exhaust put on today.... can't wait !

Thsi morning I had time to get Rapido into the shop and have them install the new Doug Thorley Cat-back...... WOW.... she finally sounds like there's a motor in her ! a very nice growl and the fit was perfect - it literally took them 35 minutes to install it ..... VERY happy based on 50 miles I've got on her this morning - will post some pics up and hope to grab sound clip.

so far is the winner on $$ to grins ratio.... Can't wait to see what adding the headers and freeer flowing y-pipe and Cats will do....

Ordered up 305's for the new RW rims and hoping the shocks arrive early next week..... GOBI called yesterday to confirm LED mounting options and also shipping next week ..... it's going to be like X-mas !

Love the DT exhaust..... now can't wait for the headers.... it's for sure sporty but I think the headers will give it more depth... hoping to get them on Wednesday...
IMG_0563.JPG

Brown truck arrived with a Whole lotta parts ..... hoping to get the rims /tires / spacers swapped over this weekend and then the suspension installed end of next week. Can't wait for that....

The Icon's are truly impressive - noted that the packing issues folks noted has been addressed, they were foamed in place and in heavy duty boxes...

Will update once I get the rims/ tires on - still debating 295/70's or 305/70's...... not ready to jump back to 35's

Iphone 5-8-15 047.JPG
Iphone 5-8-15 047.JPG
Iphone 5-8-15 048.JPG
Iphone 5-8-15 043.JPG

Those TRD wheels look incredible. Sometimes I wonder if I should have got those instead of the '15 tundra two tone wheels

Agree! Where'd you get the TRD wheels?

Fleabay specials... not the cheapest but they exceeded my expectations once they arrived, and dang are they light.... got the rings off and debating either deleting them or doing them in grey-color - FN wheels are a close second but I think the offset is agressive without spacers, although I am going to test a 305/65/18 - ordered that up today along with my 305/70/17 TG2's....

and I did this tonight - I'd tried to do it on my 80 and didn't realize they were the same.... found it on ebay, the seller never repsonded to all the threads he posted or Pm's on mud but has it on felabay..... go figure.... great product despite the lack of communication..

IMG_0576.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG

E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom