The slider has landed after 30 years without (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw your post, not sure on how many have been installed on other rigs but I sure like mine in the summer. Was one of the best up-grades for the 45 I had made.
Your pretty close to LA so a will call pick up would be the ticket.
Maybe you should post a WANTED in the 45 section for a rubber window seal, might get lucky.
LOL

So. Would I want the opening behind my head or passenger? Spare will be behind driver so grabbing a beer will be difficult on driver side

Whether I decide to get one or not I thought this was fitting..,

image.jpg

Really.............Hum

Ventilation wise? Ds or ps? Which would b better

I went with the right drivers side (mine being a RHD -driver) so the air/wind would hit the backside of my head when the slider was opened and it does just that. Seems when I open the drivers door window the air smooth out to a more complete cab circulation with a bit of vortexing but not bad. If all the windows are open a much better circulation happens with a lot less vortexing/burbling.
Of course I would think the air would circulate around the cab even if it was on the left side (US drivers) and still keep the air moving but without that direct air to the back of my head.
The screen keeps the bugs and crap from outside from entering the cab, and it slides out of the way when needed.
So my preference is the opening on the drivers side.
Hope this is a help.:beer:

Does. Thank you. That is the info I needed.

70 degrees yesterday slider open and felt GOOD - love it.

Has anyone shipped one of these to Australia? If so any idea how much it ended up costing them? I imagine the freight would be expensive on a window :(

Contact info - ask for Farida - Her email is: FSurujbhan@HEHRINTL.com
Hehr International Inc.
3333 Casitas Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Phone: 323-663-1261
Fax: 323-666-2372

You can email the person above for a quote on international shipping. I will say this was one of the best items upgrades I have done on this rig and so glad I did.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.
Cheers

Hey thanks for the info. I got a response from Farida fairly quickly but she referred me onto a supplier in New Zealand who just got back to me today with a quote of about $600 to have it shipped from USA to NZ. Then I would still have to ship it from NZ to Australia which would surely be another few hundred. Probably a $1000 sliding window :(

Do you think I'd have much luck going to a caravan window manufacturer and asking them to do something up for me? Love2fly did you come across anyone that was interested in manufacturing a 'one off' while you were searching for Hehr International?

I truly feel your pain. I also think that that is a completely absurd amount to pay for a window. What would be sweet is if someone was shipping from the US to Australia like a container and you could have your window placed with the container if the shipper has no problems, that's a long shot. Maybe someone on this web has some input on that chance. As for the window from a caravan window manufacture in your country that maybe a good place to start. I hate to say it but I did try that with a few big name company here in the states but I got a lesson in an unfortunate processes that has taken place here with a lot of companies, most now have the product made in China and sent to the US. No one but Hehr International Inc. was willing. It really is not a big deal in making the window its just a lot of business don't think there is any money to be made
Did they give you a crate weight, maybe someone in the states can buy it for you and ship??

Good luck with your leg work, let us know what you find.

So it turns out I got incredibly lucky! Went to a blokes farm last week to look at a bullbar he has listed on gumtree and low and behold, the rusty old 45 he had in his paddock had a rear sliding window!! Couldn't believe my luck (of course I suppressed my excitement while negotiating with him). Ended up getting it for $100. Then got it home, cleaned it up and took about 30 mins to swap out my regular glass. This one only opens in the middle but I am damned happy to have an opening window for $100!!
Probably one of the only ones in Australia.

20160206_195830.jpg

Is it a original Toyota type made by or for Toyota? Anyway you need to go by a lotto ticket just in case you still got the karma.
Congrats.

Yes was very careful not to drop it while fitting!! Looks like something some has made / had made at some stage. The lock looks like what you would find in a canopy sliding window. Perfect fit though!

70 degrees yesterday slider open and felt GOOD - love it.

85 here today; that moving air felt really good on the back of my neck after loading up the truck with a bunch of wood.:)

Mark, wow 85 you guys are in the summer mode. Its only Feb, you might want to completely remove the window by summer time.

Mark, wow 85 you guys are in the summer mode. Its only Feb, you might want to completely remove the window by summer time.

Nah, that's what this is for:
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom