The Pickle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have an awesome truck! Really cool to view the history of the mods.

Do you happen to remember back in the beginning how much time and money these repairs cost you:

- it had sat for 8-9 monthes in water brakes were all locked up and needed new calipers and rotors all the way around
- shocks were rusted out ( replaced with OME)

Thanks!

The brakes... I would do the calipers and rotors and soft lines calipers and rotors will cost you 2-300 from napa i would get the soft line kit fro slee 200

Fsm and a week end is what it took me and get a pressure bleeder no way to clear the abs module of air without one. Oh and clean the abs senors too

I got my shocks from amazon and later the springs too and regret not doing them at the same time
Wish i had goneto cruiseroutfitters too great site with all the components for each lift
And thanks

Cleaning up my wiring abit when i changed the radiator imoved the dual battery wiring from under the radiator crossmember to on top also switching out to military leads on all 4 terminals
Still need to add a bus bar for grounds and one for ignition hot for relays i would like to pull a clean power line where is a good spot to do that? Alternator?
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451774303.066910.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451774317.640361.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451774330.813068.jpg

A little front grill work. I have the slee harness and aux light plug in but the way i have it wired off the aux battery one of my hi beam plugs didn t quite reach so i got an extension and finally have all six lights working
And switched the subraro for a bh teq emblem
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451777292.876367.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451777314.888861.jpg

Crazy how time flies
So i went wheeling with another 80 (foxfab) on some tight atv trails close to home and my arb front bumper took a beating seems its rusting out from the inside so what started as some 3/8" wing protection has turned into a complete reskin of the hole bumper with 1/4" and 3/8" plate plus some side bars and tree slow ders for the rear quarters

The plateing of the arb bumper has begun alot of flapper wheel in my future

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bunch more stuff done
Finally started the sidebars

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Got a kewl underhood light setup from yodaTEQ top notch

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Picked up so roof rack lights from gramiviti and even made it onto his site great setup

Nothing big
Changed the brake lines out and rebuilt the ebrake with all new parts nice to have a working ebrake.
Also added a rotopac gas can to the spare tire might build something fir underneath too

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oh one weird project that blossomed out of contrl was swapping a 100 series jdm steering wheel
My 94 does not have airbags so i remive the one from the 100 then fabbed a horn mount using the 80 horn stuff and then plastic welded the contact ground peice to the 100 rear cover
Love the feel of this wheel over my hard 80 wheel

I bet it looks pretty too;)
Cmon man dont hold out

After a 5. Day rock crawling trip where i lost a brake caliper bolt and my buddies lx 450 sheared off his knuckle studs i have been getting my on vehicle tools in order , oh and thanks IPOR for the caliper bolt great guys
So i added a shovela nd axe mount that fits them behind the spare tire out of sight also started rear quarter protection that will get tied to the frame on the inside its pretty stout but its rear just meant to be a tree slider
I had my spare mounted on a wheel spacer nothing like not having the SAE socket to take the spare off :) so i rebuilt the carrier to use an old fj40 hub i had now i have spare cone washers and parts as well as some wheel studs i can use in a pinch
All this so u can keep the mice living in my garage company

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

Started modufing my rook rack to have a set of 4 4" HID lights mounted as low profile as possible . I got the main hoop bent and cut in and welded was going to just tack it in but got carried away and just welded it up :)

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

I think i need to add some forward hoops or bars to protect the lights from branches

Worked a bit more on my forward facing rack lights.... cause everyone needs roof rack lights right??? Cut the front off my rack and welded in a hoop then supports and started on the forward protection when i ran out of gas :(

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

Got the rack done and back on

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom