The MUD 100 series Photos thread (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Isn't he lovely, Stellar Built with Dobinsons 2" lift, Dissent bumper and Victory 4x4 rock sliders next.

36314.jpeg

The rules for this thread are simple...

1) Post pictures of your 100, or one you like - clearly off roading pictures are best but poser pics and stock pics are acceptable too:flipoff2:
2) Don't ask questions, do a search about their mods or PM the poster with your questions.
3) All posts should have pictures of 100 series vehicles, they don't even have to be your pics - if not, don't post.
4) Poster can put text description such as mods or location IF they desire.

If you can't follow simple instructions then I'm going to pee on your tires!
View attachment 72281View attachment 72282View attachment 72283

OP: calimaridog
I wonder how they mounted those lights on that plastic bumper. I need lights there. 🧐

The K02s thing. I didn’t love mine, but they were pretty old when I bought my truck. When old (like a lot of tires) they get hard. Rode terrible. Also, down here in the Deep South, we don’t really get winter weather much- but what I do see is a fair bit of slick clay mud when we take the truck out. And if it’s cold, ice more often than snow. So if a tire struggles in slick conditions, ehhh.

They’re probably fine tires overall, but I think they’re mostly so popular for the look, and that they CAN last 50-60k miles. If your main concern is appearance and/or brand/ marketing- BFG is fine. I tried some Kendas (KR601) this last time, basically a hybrid AT/MT tread. We’ll see how they last, and if I can ever get back in the woods I’ll know how they do off-road.

New 35" KM3s
20221216_161850.jpg

The K02s thing. I didn’t love mine, but they were pretty old when I bought my truck. When old (like a lot of tires) they get hard. Rode terrible. Also, down here in the Deep South, we don’t really get winter weather much- but what I do see is a fair bit of slick clay mud when we take the truck out. And if it’s cold, ice more often than snow. So if a tire struggles in slick conditions, ehhh.

They’re probably fine tires overall, but I think they’re mostly so popular for the look, and that they CAN last 50-60k miles. If your main concern is appearance and/or brand/ marketing- BFG is fine. I tried some Kendas (KR601) this last time, basically a hybrid AT/MT tread. We’ll see how they last, and if I can ever get back in the woods I’ll know how they do off-road.

I think you are right, it really depends on where you live and what you are going to encounter. I really dont encounter clay and when its cold im generally dealing with snow, not icy roads. In the PNW they have been great all year, I havent had any issues in the snow or rain. I have put a lot of miles on them in Moab/Utah as well and liked how they perform. I have owned a ton of tires and keep coming back to these for a "do everything tire". I have owned 5 sets now and they do good on and off road, wear even and are quiet.

One of the other reasons the KO2 is such a popular tire with the Toyota crowd anyway is that you can get a 285/70/17 in a load range C. I have owned a load range E set before and there was a noticeable difference between the two.

Did the cabin warm up enough?
Oh yeah, cabin was nice an toasty. Only complaint was the middle row pax didn't have seat heat like in the 200.

Black River Falls State Forest, WI
20221218_112136.jpg

visL1Qn.jpg

Fins n Things
Did you take on Kenny's Climb? How did she do on Frenchie's Fin? I'll be out there next month in my 100. 2.5" lift, front and rear bumpers, armored. Just curious how the ATRAC-only will do on Kenny's and Frenchies without a rear locker in a 100. I have a fully locked 80 as well but want to see how the 100 does. It's more set up for overlanding. Thanks!

Did you take on Kenny's Climb? How did she do on Frenchie's Fin? I'll be out there next month in my 100. 2.5" lift, front and rear bumpers, armored. Just curious how the ATRAC-only will do on Kenny's and Frenchies without a rear locker in a 100. I have a fully locked 80 as well but want to see how the 100 does. It's more set up for overlanding. Thanks!
I might not be the right person to ask - I got kind of lazy with crawling cause I had beadlocks and F+R lockers - I'd just air down to 8-10 psi, throw on the rear locker and go over everything. That said, I think you'll do just ok with ATRAC because I believe I only used the rear locker once on the trail, on Frenchie's, mainly because I didn't want to deal with getting up via ATRAC. You know how grippy slickrock is. I'd just say make sure you have a good set of tires!

1.25 inch spacers. I am running 34.1 inch tires on 20 inch Tundra rims

Reactions: tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom