The MUD 100 series Photos thread (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Latest additions Ironman 2" Stage II Pro Form lift with 400-800+ springs..

Groot.jpg

Dec 2020.jpg

Winter camping Dec 2020 mountains of PA. Was fun getting off the mountain - few miles of trail until a plowed road. Had to rip it and maintain momentum...what an adventure.

Lucille still killing it 20 yrs later. My trusty steed.

Winter camping Dec 2020 mountains of PA. Was fun getting off the mountain - few miles of trail until a plowed road. Had to rip it and maintain momentum...what an adventure.

Lucille still killing it 20 yrs later. My trusty steed.

Is this near the Poconos? I was raised in Orefield, PA and my folks are still there. They said they got about 8-12 inches, but with the snow drift it's hard to tell. Glad you made it out safe!

Is this near the Poconos? I was raised in Orefield, PA and my folks are still there. They said they got about 8-12 inches, but with the snow drift it's hard to tell. Glad you made it out safe!
Yup we got about 10" at home in the Lehigh Valley. We were camping up in Wyoming County and got considerably more. We didn't measure but I'd imagine 20-24"

Thank you, my friend did get sucked into a few drifts in his jeep but we were able to pull him out each time without issue. The land cruiser did well breaking trail.

I used to four wheel in that area (Lehigh Valley) with my FJ62 back in the late 90s, lots of great trails back then. Love to see Lucille representing, that's a LOT of snow!!

I
@Exiled I agree. There’s not much need to discuss MPG on a Land Cruiser forum except to possibly uncover a maintenance issue or equipment failure. That’s not why you bought the truck, regardless of vintage. They all suck. Always have. Run what you brung and love it for what it is...reliable, stout, comfortable (mostly), long term ownership.
went wheeling with a Jeep buddy a few weeks ago. He pulled over and aired down, disconnected sways, put shackles on front and rear ”just in case,” and checked a few other items. All this after a 90min drive to the trails outside CLT. I did none of those things knowing, on these particular trails, I could follow him anywhere in street mode. Seat heater on. Coffee in hand. No idea what my MPG was. Doesn’t matter. Showed up a nicely built Cherokee without breaking a sweat and enjoyed the drive.View attachment 2527026View attachment 2527027
I need to make a trip up to Greenville with the LX to find some trails, not much down here in Charleston.

California state requires chains on tires @ Sequoia National Park. But this poser got us up the icy uphills countless times @40psi on all 4 tires no CDL 4LO.
1E25F2DA-8E8D-4304-BCAF-A4115FB335A4.jpeg

Enjoying every bit of road lighting clarity (wife took this photo using here iphone 11).
A4ED011D-A69C-4C02-BB02-E7359B0B4809.jpeg

(this was I think near Lodi, California)

Although I still see areas for improvement which will immediately lead me back to the bench (our dining table really) to start the stage 2 and 3 of the full headlights retrofit.

Day 1 done, grateful for a safe trip and now touch down Reno, NV.

those look awesome! i have the same color truck (2005). Are you at stock height or do you have a lift? Trying to work out what size tires I would get, im running all stock suspension.
Thank you. I’m really liking these tires so far. They do have a slight hum on road, but really not that bad — still pretty smooth on road. I’m coming from a set of 275/65R18 Continental ATs that rode great, and we’re basically silent on the road. I wanted something a little more aggressive and a little taller that’s why I went 265/70R18s this time. Also, this size was available in a P-metric size/weight, thus not adding too much extra unsprung weight (40lbs vs 44lbs). I do not have a lift, but am going to crank the torsion bars to bring the front up about an inch. To me, this Toyo tire is about perfect for me. Take care.

We decided to do a last minute trip out to Ocotillo Wells on Friday night to get the kids out of the house.

Spent Saturday chasing my brother in his rzr. There is no way a 100 series can keep up with a rzr but I am constantly impressed with how my cruiser handles with the tough dog suspension. Thanks @TRAIL TAILOR!

Went on a few trails above my skill level but the cruiser handled them like a beast.

View attachment 2516994View attachment 2516995View attachment 2516997View attachment 2516998View attachment 2516999

I was down there in Anza Borrego from 12/2 - 12/9. We made it over to Truck Haven, as well. That whole area is stunning and full of amazing places to explore!

Just a stroll through the Redwoods, which is basically my backyard.

2nd pic is from a recent trip to get some logs for firewood. Got around 1/2 a cord in there, which I was very pleased with. Probably not the safest cargo if I had to slam on the brakes. Luckily I wasn't going too far or fast.

Going to take the LC out on the beach for the first time soon. I'm nervous, even though I know I shouldn't be. Air down to 20psi? The sand there isn't too soft, but the entrance/exit point is a little.
View attachment 2513811

View attachment 2513813

I'm looking forward to loading up my LX with a 1/4 cord... :)

Re: sand... I was just down in Anza Borrego (east of San Diego) where the wash is comprised of rather soft, silty sand. I dropped my 285/75/16 G003s down to 15-18psi. I never felt like I would get stuck. From that trip, I've learned that CO2 is THE WAY to go.

Have fun out there!

My first proper off-roading in my 2001 LX470. This was 12/3 in Anza Borrego, CA. The only thing I've done to the truck is put on a pair of 285/75r16 Yokohama Geolandar G003 tires on the stock wheels. The AHC works fine, so I'm rocking that until I decide which way to go with aftermarket suspension bits. Made some new friends down there. They are all rocking 3rd Gen 4Runners. (I gotta admit; I'm very envious about the 3rd Gen front suspension... coil-overs offer so many more options!) I can't wait to go back. This 100 very capable!

LX470-Anza-Borrego-2020-signal-2020-12-22-084607_003.jpeg

LX470-Anza-Borrego-2020-signal-2020-12-22-084607_002.jpeg

LX470-Anza-Borrego-2020-signal-2020-12-22-084607_001.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom