The MUD 100 series Photos thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SierraWheeler, As far as this particular picture, is the setup from the picture the same as in your vehicle description at the bottom of the post? Any changes since this picture? It looks like the perfect stance. Nice rig for sure! Was wondering particularly about suspension and ride quality. Just ordered my Gamiviti and Kavik bumper. I'm on Fox 2.0 shocks with 30mm coil spacers and TBs cranked just a smidge. I love my ride and stance, just wondering what adding my Gamiviti and 165# CVT MT ST HELENS will do to the rear. My Kavik is aluminum weighing in at just under 95#, so the front should be ok, may need to adjust TBs a tad more. Thanks, again one of the best looking rigs I have seen

Thanks! That pic is old but I am still running the same suspension setup now with front & rear bumpers. It is OME 860, max lift in front with 55mm droop, Tough Dog Adjustable Shocks, Tough Dog Torsion Bars, and a + 1" Body Lift. Ride quality was great back then before bumpers, and I still love it now after bumpers. I lost about 1/2" of height after the bumpers, but the ride quality is still great. I may add back some more height with another torsion crank and some spring spacers on top of the OME 860. I don't want to go to a bigger spring and lose the ride quality that I have now.

For a while I also ran stock rear springs, shocks, and 30mm spacers with gamiviti rack. Great setup when unloaded but I did have some issues with sagging with big loads and bottoming out the rear suspension on big hits. I expect that you would fare better with the upgraded shocks, but I think you'll find that the stock rear springs may sag a little and feel soft. The stock spring rate is 170 lb/in so in theory by adding 165 lbs directly on the rear that would cause ~1" sag. Roof tent kinda sorta goes in the middle though so who knows what the final balance would look like.

Watching you guys post pics of your cruisers is making me go through withdrawals. I sold both of mine recently, i need to hurry up and find an 06-07 White pearl LX soon. Not getting any other year or color this time.

Went to Port Aransas, TX for a long weekend with the family.

F6BF3844-05BE-4589-9DBB-3F048C529B6A.jpeg

Nice stance! What lift and size tires do you have? TIA
Just AHC- that's normal height there in that picture. 285/65/18 KO2's running 1.25'' wheel spacers front and back also.

Just AHC- that's normal height there in that picture. 285/65/18 KO2's running 1.25'' wheel spacers front and back also.

What bumpers are you running....great looking truck, I pick mine up Monday and am debating between 285/65/18 or 285/70/18 on stock AHC suspension

What bumpers are you running....great looking truck, I pick mine up Monday and am debating between 285/65/18 or 285/70/18 on stock AHC suspension
either size is great. I recently switched to 275/70/18 only because I got a smoking good deal on them barley used, but I definitely prefer the 285's. On a stock width rim, the 275s just don't come out off the wheel enough (width). Stock bumper

Great looking rig and good price considering the maintenance and upgrades. Definitely check your heater "T's".

Good maintenance stuff here including the above mentioned T's... 100-series FAQ
Great price with all those aftermarket adds! If you hear a clunk underneath when you shift into drive or rev grease your driveshaft.

I took a drive near Verdi, NV while visiting family. Went up Henness Pass Rd but didn't get far due to the snow. I turned around when the ruts got deep. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture in the snow so took one on the way down.

Also on that trip I pulled a couple of pet walker's vehicles out of the mud. One was a rear wheel drive van buried to the axles in the rear and the other was a large 4wd forest service type vehicle.

20190321_161344.jpg
20190321_164451.jpg
IMG_6214a.jpg
IMG_6230a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom