The MUD 100 series Photos thread (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

http://www.offroadimages.com.au/
LOPE04D05_2520.jpg
LOPE04D05_2516.jpg

... and here's my little chap parked by a mountain stream in a lovely place called Brecon which can be found in South Wales, UK

amazonhill.JPG

Last night, during one of the most violent storms I have ever seen in Vegas...

Yes...I love risking life and limb :D
mud-web-3-use-this.jpg

AWESOME PICTURE Sin! Could you e-mail me a high res for a wallpaper?

I wasn't going to say cos I was obeying the thread rules (!) but hey, well done Sin.

Can I pls ask for some details about the shot - eg what kit, what lens, what conditions, filters etc?

Oh, and if there's a hi-res anywere on the net, I too would be interested :)

Sword

ps - here's a link to a pic so I don't get slapped :)
Amazon.jpg

ShottsUZJ100 said:
You are kidding....correct?

Uh..no, actually I am not :eek: ( It`s a long story )

Uh.. e9999...

Could I have permission to tell the story behind the above pic...its truly amazing, and I promise it will be something y`all tell your grandkids about someday ! ?

Pleezzee :frown:

Yes, and post the hi-res pic somewhere!

:cheers:

Sin, tell the story dude.
You need to post Pics and info of your rig in the GARAGE section - good for us chaps that is hoping to get a 100 soon (oogle oogle).
Here is a picture I picked up from the Net - not a offroading picture for sure but LC 100 series at that. Im not sure what quarter panel was saved though. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Imola Red said:
Explain Now!!!!

Ok... since you insist ;)

Technical aspects aside ( PM me if you would like to know how I captured and processed this unusual shot) ...

Stick with the story !!

Last night, around 8PM or so, I noticed some flashes out the window and then what sounded like my roof starting to blow off.. ( now THAT got my attention)

I knew that this meant only one thing...

I`LL DRIVE TO THE DESERT AND TRY TO GET HIT BY LIGHTNING !! :cheers:

I hopped in my trusty 100 w/camera ready, and tore off... straight into the storm. The wind was blowing sideways across the road @ 50-60 MPH, and once up on the highway, gusts at times were even higher as small rocks and debris slammed against my rig :eek:

I (in usual fashion) drove like an idiot, sliding and skidding across the desert trying to get to a good "spot" to view the light show...Running through whoop-de-doos at break-neck speeds ( in fact ..uh lets just say my tires left the ground on MANY occasions !) This was a 45 minute thrill ride...

After stopping and taking some pics, Yes I had to get my 100 in a few :D , It got VERY tense as lightning was striking the ground so close to me that my hair was raising on my arms :eek: Time to retreat to my vehicle.

I got in, and dialed my girlfriends cell-phone , which..as always was either off or under a pillow or something "silly" like that :mad: So I proceeded back towards the highway at basically the same pace as I did going out ( WOO-HOO!) eventually skidding to the pavement.

Dirt, rain and other "stuff" was coming down the whole time, and I decided to check out a few more vantage points off the side of the highway run ning in reverse at times, flipping U`s and driving over berms and such...The storm was intense..really intense !!

Finally, about 3 1/2 hours later I returned to my house, where my girl was waiting patiently...She was quite glad to see that I was still alive because she was watching the storm out the windows thinking... Only an idiot would go out in this... She was right ;)

Well to make a long story longer... She said that I couldnt get a hold of her because she had left her purse and cell @ work earlier in the evening.. I wasnt suprised :rolleyes:

Here is the good part guys...

This morning, as I pulled into my work..the phone rings.. and its her..CRYING :crybaby:

She says " I didnt leave my purse at work...I left it on your FRONT BUMPER when I went to get the mail Yesterday !!"

Silence overtook the conversation......

Then she says...

I JUST WENT OUT INTO THE GARAGE, AND IT`S STILL ON YOUR BUMPER !! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sure as sh!T ....look closely at the pic I posted, and you will see it sitting on the drivers side under the headlight !! I had NO idea it was there while I was driving like a mad-man !!

The purse is a little muddy and a bit soaked, but her phone still works...Amazing !!

hoser said:
Great pic, Sincity! Now tell the story.... in a NEW thread!!

Oops.. too late :eek: sorry

Sin,
Great pic and great story!

Now that's funny.

Great pix!

Sure that wasn't your purse... :flipoff2:

macneill said:
Sure that wasn't your purse... :flipoff2:

Uh... of course not !!

Mine is pink and yellow silly !! :flipoff2:

SINCITY,

Your pictures are always very cool. They'd make great desktop backgrounds, etc. Do you have a place on the Internet (like photobucket) where you post all your stuff? I'd like to see more.

Sin,

That is classic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom