The MUD 100 series Photos thread (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lo

looks great!
What’s your tire/suspension setup??
It's the Tough dog 2in with 41mm shocks and the dual rate coils. Great setup and rides amazing! Stiffer than stock, but not overly stiff like people sometimes complain about with other lifts. I came from a lifted Tacoma, and this ride still feels plush to me! Tires are toyo AT2 extremes, 295/75/16

Stopping for lunch on Mormon Emigrant Trail between Hwy 50 and Hwy 88 in Northern California. Got stuck a couple times at the top with my skinny 33's, dug out once and got towed out the other time(s). Towed out a couple full size 4WD pickups that were buried in their stock trim trying to turn around. Also towed out a Jeep Grand Cherokee with cut fenders and 37's who got buried when he got impatient and tried to pass off trail, he was cool though, apologetically humble about it and all.

Cheers!
rjones

Those digs look huge! I'm running the same tire size and wheel, but on Hakook MT's. Spacer size?
It's the Tough dog 2in with 41mm shocks and the dual rate coils. Great setup and rides amazing! Stiffer than stock, but not overly stiff like people sometimes complain about with other lifts. I came from a lifted Tacoma, and this ride still feels plush to me! Tires are toyo AT2 extremes, 295/75/16

Those digs look huge! I'm running the same tire size and wheel, but on Hakook MT's. Spacer size?
Yes, went with Bora 1.25in. I wanted to go with the same tires as you have but my on road needs vastly outweighed my off road needs at the time.

Tried to have a little fun in the snow..

Ouch man! This is my number one fear when wheeling my 98 LX. Let us know what parts you end up with to fix this

Reverse is usually the deciding factor. I broke a front diff climbing with one front wheel in the air. Toyota replaced it for free. This was many years ago and I was still under the power train warranty. I was surprised because the truck had 285s, covered in mud, an ARB bull bar and a lift.

Reverse is usually the deciding factor. I broke a front diff climbing with one front wheel in the air. Toyota replaced it for free. This was many years ago and I was still under the power train warranty. I was surprised because the truck had 285s, covered in mud, an ARB bull bar and a lift.
that's awesome, some dealers will go for warranty claims easy money.. I couldn't believe how easily it happened I've heard all about how weak they are and kinda been waiting for it to happen. Glad it did when it did could of been worse.

Went camping out in Anza Borrego after all the storms we had.

Secluded box canyon ...Cold and windy with a little sleet / snow shower overnight.

Jasper Trail off Grapevine Canyon washed out from flooding

There was plenty of water out in the desert this weekend. Passed thru many crossings that were no issue and turned around at several that were very deep. This one tho... Looked so innocent. Rolled in slow expecting it to be a puddle. Soon realized that we were sunk up to the frame and not going anywhere. Luckily a couple Jeeps came by. Took two Jeep Rubicons daisy chained together with F/R lockers running to get us unstuck. Truck was sucked into the goo.

Went camping out in Anza Borrego after all the storms we had.

View attachment 1909552

Secluded box canyon ...Cold and windy with a little sleet / snow shower overnight.
View attachment 1909554

View attachment 1909556

Jasper Trail off Grapevine Canyon washed out from flooding
View attachment 1909559

There was plenty of water out in the desert this weekend. Passed thru many crossings that were no issue and turned around at several that were very deep. This one tho... Looked so innocent. Rolled in slow expecting it to be a puddle. Soon realized that we were sunk up to the frame and not going anywhere. Luckily a couple Jeeps came by. Took two Jeep Rubicons daisy chained together with F/R lockers running to get us unstuck. Truck was sucked into the goo.

View attachment 1909560
Wow its beautiful with the flowers, I need to go back and revisit! I wonder if MaxTraxs will be able to get you out of that muddy situation.

I just finished all 593 pages of this thread. wow. Seriously jealous of the pictures in here. I hope to have a 100 by the end of the year. Side note, those of you who post pictures of your rigs right on the edge of a drop off have some large balls. I would be afraid something would go wrong and I would drive right over the edge. Also, those with dogs, pretty sure my dog would run over the edge..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom