The Moose is Loose - The Green/White '68 FJ55 Returns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone- I'm new to Mud and new to the piggies but this piggie (a '68 titled as a '69 - FJ5511291) has been around... It was fun to see the history:

From TX (first fifty years) to NH, MA, CA and WA all in the last four years. I even found a picture, still up on Google street view, of it sitting in front of the original owner's house in Dalhart, TX (below). Thanks to all of the previous owners on Mud (@40Flipper, @Doctorhusband, @navydivedoc, @Pigeaten) who preserved and improved her condition along the way. Big thanks to @Pigeaten and @LCMoneyPit for the find and the help. It now will live in Washington State and spend time in the Cascade Mountains.

I'm still getting to know it so I don't have plans for anything major right away. I'm a fan of "as close to stock as possible", but safe to use like it was intended. I did an extensive cleaning, installed some LED headlights, got the tailgate window working, got the spare tire carrier cleaned up and working, installed a new horn, added some dome lights. The future calls for a suspension upgrade, new front floor pans, carpet or LineX, and I definitely need a new seal kit (going to get in on that group buy). Oh, and a new tailgate handle...:) since that popped after I got the window working.

The kids have named it "Moose."

Having fun, and I really appreciate all the resources you have created here. Thank you.

1968 FJ55 (1).jpg

1968 FJ55 (2).jpg

Pig in Texas.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom