Builds The Mongrel: FJ62 body + FZJ80 chassis + turbo diesel + ??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have deleted a lot of the pictures in the previous posts. Cleaning up all my old pictures.

Here is a round of pictures though....

The super clean 62 body

main.php

main.php

main.php

before stripping it

main.php

main.php

The dash is going to need some love but it is all there...

main.php

The blown motor and engine bay has been stripped more than this, all that is left is the head, a little wiring and some brake stuff in the engine bay.

main.php

I am kind of planning on doing some custom stuff with the dash & gauges.

main.php

The "roller" 80-series chassis

main.php

main.php

main.php

Bling bling axles I am using, and ya that is an RCV CV axle in there!

main.php

main.php

main.php

And the diesel...

main.php

main.php

My W/E beadlocks and just some "roller" 37's

main.php

It has been over a year since I started this thread and I am disappointed I have not more progress. Good thing is this stuff isn't going anywhere, I already have it and I am making progress in other areas. If the friggin' weather would change I would probably be outside right now doing stuff! I got lot's to do like finish stripping the 62, pull axles from Patrol, blah blah blah. Please go away cold ass snow and rain. :frown:

Cheers

Hey man don't get down on yourself. You have quite the project going on.
Also I am totally with you on the weather too, it just recently got nicer where I am at and there is a lot more motivation to go out and do things when it is not cold and damp out.

Keep up the work there are still those interested in the end result.

Hey man don't get down on yourself. You have quite the project going on.
Also I am totally with you on the weather too, it just recently got nicer where I am at and there is a lot more motivation to go out and do things when it is not cold and damp out.

Keep up the work there are still those interested in the end result.

The end result will be nice, but its your absolute OCD for the details that I enjoy most in your threads.
Just stick to your game plan, finish up the Patrol and the sun will start to shine on the Mongrel.
Loving it!

heh, haven't heard the OCD one before.

I started tearing down the 62 more last week. I got the rad support off and fenders in prep for pulling the blown motor from it. I was going to do that over the weekend but the weather was supposed to be crappy. So I went to Canyonlands with a buddy instead!

529250_3070914309777_2967972_n.jpg

And today...it is snowing here at home. :frown:

I have been super busy with work the last 3 months. Over the holiday weekend I scored a really good job. I am a contractor so a big job is good for me!

All this means cash flowage is becoming available for the project. Soon I am planning to buy a number of things I need for the project, not sure exactly how much right now but coilovers, rear shocks, new housing for front axle, trans & t-case are all top priority.

Pretty stoked!! :D

A month or so ago when I started building the engine stand I was playing around with my shock towers. These are RuffStuff 12" towers. I just have them set on the frame, which is from the donor truck, aka an 84 Patrol. But keep in mind the 80-series Cruiser chassis is within 1/2" of width of these frame rails. I think they are going to work the treat! :)

main.php

main.php

main.php

Cheers

looking GREAT. slow progress... I know nothing about that. Keep it up, it will get done.

looking GREAT. slow progress... I know nothing about that. Keep it up, it will get done.

Thanks for the encouragement, your truck is looking downright badass by the way!!

:cheers:

NV4500 & Atlas are in route. It has been a longtime coming but these are soon to be on hand. The nv is a 95+gm. The atlas is 3.0 gears, hd front output, 1350 yokes anx electronic speedo.

Stoked!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, beef.

You are not kidding! I had no idea how beefy it was until we carried it in the shop. This sucker is heavy!

You are not kidding! I had no idea how beefy it was until we carried it in the shop. This sucker is heavy!

Yes sir it is. You'll love how it shifts too.

Yes sir it is. You'll love how it shifts too.

I think you are right, I played with it a bit using the tiny shifter and man it is tight.

I got an NV4500 in a 94 work truck. So have used one a fair amount but it is old and has 130,000 on it and is behind the TBI 350.

Cheers

BTW, I have let my website go. So a lot of pictures are now gone as I hosted them on my website. I still upload pics to my FB page and actually have a FB page for The Mongrel. That can be found here....

https://www.facebook.com/A.Mongrel?ref=br_rs

Who knows, in the future I may get a website again or I may just get a photobucket account. In the meantime, any pics will be uploaded to FB and linked from there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom