The Low and Slow Tennessee Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure the kit comes with the steering stop gussets. But I know it comes with the spring perch spacer. Down the road I'm going to add the marlin knuckle ball gussets and they have steering stop gussets on them. I just ran out of $$$

As much as it sucks, now is the time to add stuff to the housing. I would bet that whatever unt attached now won't be added later. That's just how it goes. Tearing it back down to weld on the knuckle gussets will be a pain. Steering stop gussets more tolerable. Cut some gussets out of 1/8 or 3/16 plate now if you have to. That'd be essentially free. Knuckle ball gussets aren't as critical for light wheeling, in my opinion.

Yeah youre right. Let me see what I can do. I really like the marlin ones though. The guy I talked to at marlin said he did the gussets with the axles on the truck

Looks like ill be waiting a little longer, Marlin is waiting on a shipment of 4.7 gears, so my transfer cases wont ship til next month or so... :/

Duals. Looks like my buddy at marlin set some 4.7s aside. He said it might get shipped within a week. What a dude.

Its a 21/23 spline, 2.28/4.7, MC08 billet aluminum doubler. Fully new built unit. Bolting it to the back of an unused w56b HD. hopefully ill never have to remove it again. They are including a new shifter handle and I got a spare from them too as mine is all tore up

Crap, man. You've gone all-out on this!

Good call on 23-spline for rear. Would've been a waste if you didn't since you bought new gears and doubler at same time.

That's what CJ at marlin told me. I'm going for the build it once and never mess with it again approach lol. Hopefully this thing will last forever!

So I got my allpro sas and rear lift parts in finally after 2 or so months... what do ya know.... its missing parts. They sent me two different sized rear springs, missing things here and there. Oh well, marlin comes through in the clutch to lift the spirits. I swear after i opened the box to this thing i almost crapped myself. A single tear came out, like watching starwars for the first time.

0DK0Ulal.jpg

rWYkis5l.jpg

1bpGnYdl.jpg

Sexy Red!

Dual cases is one mod I wish I had done years ago...crawling used to suck with a 5 speed...not anymore. Unfortunately with the blue cans, dual cases and my right foot I couldn't hold anything together anymore with IFS. Each mod feeds the beast...

Wish I'd done mine all at once like this instead of limping it along for the past few years like I did.

Get busy, kid!

:popcorn:

Oh yeah this next month is going to be pretty hectic for sure. I was originally only going to do the sas. Then I needed lockers. Then it was like well the dual case and HP will fix front drive line angle, and I'll have to do driveline mods anyways so might as well only do it once. Jan/feb should get pretty interesting

Set knuckle preload tonight. Ended up using the smaller shims in the rebuild kit. The oem shims measured to 8lbs. It's right between 12-15lbs with the smaller shims. I hope the other side is the same. Because I took the knuckles apart and put em back together like 3 or 4 times. What a PITA.

IMG_0713.JPG

And just think: If I weren't such a generous, awesome guy, you would have never been this cool with your decked out front axle. You're welcome.

I gotta say, thanks for the axle man. Whoever owned it before you went a little overboard with the RTV lol but I fixed all of that

I gotta say, thanks for the axle man. Whoever owned it before you went a little overboard with the RTV lol but I fixed all of that
LOL. I didn't know anyone had ever messed with it, but I'm glad you did. Because that this is now an absolute beast, and it's awesome to see the transition!

Few more odds and ends to take care of and it's cutting time. If anyone has any stress or inner deamons they want to get out. Feel free to join me in cutting all the IFS out of my truck. Destruction is therapeutic sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom