The latest entry in poptops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with being outside but there are fixes available for window access.
I love your window solution and will figure out a way to use one sooner or later. My point is you can't have it both ways. The example you posted is great from the outside. But you'd have to position your fridge so that it wouldn't open from the inside.

I wasn't knocking the pics posted above. Love them. Just saying from experience you're going to have to choose. Do you want an 80 you can live inside or an 80 you can hang around as a campsite?

I've thought through these problems IRL.

Pop Top.jpg

Drawer.jpg

I love your window solution and will figure out a way to use one sooner or later. My point is you can't have it both ways. The example you posted is great from the outside. But you'd have to position your fridge so that it wouldn't open from the inside.

I wasn't knocking the pics posted above. Love them. Just saying from experience you're going to have to choose. Do you want an 80 you can live inside or an 80 you can hang around as a campsite?

No worries the take away is no one set up works for all. The only way you can figure what works for you is do it and it will become clear what one needs.

The fridge opens to the inside. And you want to climb in through the door every time you need a beer? You clearly have no experience in this arena :)
I own that exact fridge. The lid can switch hinge sides in about 5 seconds.

I like this new design from Vagabond Outdoors at a great price point.

Being from CA they know the importance of ventilation

I would like to see an option or upgrade to barn doors.

Looking to see lots of new poptops this year at EXPO

30085155_475630199519080_5445331491179462656_n.jpg

I like this new design from Vagabond Outdoors at a great price point.

Being from CA they know the importance of ventilation

I would like to see an option or upgrade to barn doors.

Looking to see lots of new poptops this year at EXPO

Damn it Phil where's the 80 series version? (and don't you dare post a pic of your rig again)

View attachment 1686206
I think this was one of their prototypes. Got to meet the owner at Frontrunner outfitters when they had a meet and greet there.

Looking at it again I believe its not a Vagabond but a 1 off build using a tradesman camper as a base by others.

One thing no USA poptop has is a bed that lifts like or with the top when open. This is huge need IMO having spent time in Maltec trucks that have that feature. Opens up a lot of options and flexibility given current weather and personal needs.

Looking at it again I believe its not a Vagabond but a 1 off build using a tradesman camper as a base by others.
Thats why its the prototype. We were talkin about it, and she was telling the other Tacoma guys about how the new ones are solid sided aluminum and no rear lift gate. She did have a bed that has the slats to make standing room. Like a westfalia or sportsmobile. But its not as nice as a full raising platform.

Thats why its the prototype. We were talkin about it, and she was telling the other Tacoma guys about how the new ones are solid sided aluminum and no rear lift gate. She did have a bed that has the slats to make standing room. Like a westfalia or sportsmobile. But its not as nice as a full raising platform.

I was thinking it was a 'IGGY' poptop much nicer hinge, latches on the rear, and the top design looks different. Either way it cool we are getting a lot of new choices. Im liking the full size Tundra, rear barn doors, and side access.
Iggy's $1 Taco

img_9241-jpg.1360189

Iggy is Vagabond outdoors isn't he? I really like the fullsize truck with a flatbed for camping. The extra length hurts the breakover angle but they can handle the weight and have tons of room. When I had my dodge I really wanted a flippac or a FWC for it.

Iggy is Vagabond outdoors isn't he? I really like the fullsize truck with a flatbed for camping. The extra length hurts the breakover angle but they can handle the weight and have tons of room. When I had my dodge I really wanted a flippac or a FWC for it.

Looks like on the Tacoma thread (I have not been able to read all 50 pages) they are friends but two different companies???? Not 100% but I found another thread (IH8DINTERNET) on 6 plus of the latest PopTop coming to market. This looks like it could be costly for me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom