The last month... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When did 80's get idler arms? Idler arms are for IFS steering.

Maybe I missed something.

No idler arm on my 80. Must be that special pacific model with the parallelogram steering. That or the dealer has a boat payment due.
The bellows is quite probably the air intake hose, which sounds like the root of the stalling problem. Better make sure they don't just replace the seals on the knuckles. If they are leaking, you really need a birf repack. It would do to check the knuckle for gear lube as well.
Better yet, pay the dealer for the diagnoses, purchase the air intake tube and install it yourself 1/2 :banana: job. and take the rest of the work to Kona muffler or whomever else you trust if you don't want to do it yourself.

Hawaiian brother, you are getting royally hosed by this dealer. Have them fix the idle problem (rubber intake tube I'm thinking they're calling a bellow boot is likely culprit), and get your truck back. The knuckle joint is SUPPOSED to leak a bit, and you heard the news about the seat mechanism part. Unless you're spending someone else's money, or money is not an object, you're dumping a ton of money here.

DougM

Damn it, I typed a lot and it said I was logged out and erased what I wrote. :doh: But here's a short version of what I wrote.

Thanks guys. Yes, I feel I am getting fxxxed up the butt by the dealer. My uncle used to work there and got the Cruiser for us the day after it came in for cheap. In fact, he made nothing selling it to us. Even our truck was from him. Anyways, the guy who bankrupted Orchid Isle Ford fired him, and most higher paid people and senior staff. So I don't know anyone there.
So yesterday I called the dealership. They hadn't worked on it that day and refused to update me with the condition. I went down past the dealership last night, and saw my Cruiser behind the fence. Also, back when my uncle worked there I used to wash cars for fun. When they were closing up they let me drive the cars. Most car keys were kept in the visor and the door unlocked. So for s***s I walked up to a car and believe it or not, the door was open. Those damn fxxxheads probably left my Cruiser open too, god damn it.

*My mom did a supposedly "100k check up" on my Cruiser. Did simple things, claimed my K&N was dirty and replaced it. I hadn't checked my air filter for awhile cause I thought K&Ns needed less maintenance. I'm going to bring this up.

*I think they mean idler arm as in a part that helps my idle keep idling or whatevers.

*If they can't do these things by Monday, maybe Saturday, then i'm going to do it myself regardless if they have the parts in stock. I can get it cheaper here or from other places on the internet.

*I'm gonna ask my brother if he can do some things in school, but I need to check with his teacher Mr. Alapati.

*Not totally clear about the seats. I'll post a pic from a few days ago.

*If I go down tomorrow i'll try get pics...

Not sure if cap was on or they took it off. I wrote this down as something for them to check...
405384_76_full.jpg

From second row under seat(left side). That long thing feels stripped or atleast smoother...
405384_77_full.jpg

Other side(right) from 2nd row...
405384_78_full.jpg

The first pic is the gear box, the next two show the lead crew which is the long threaded rod. Put the seat in it's most reclined position and unbolt it from the floor and turn on it's side. You should be able to operate it in that position. If the lead screw(s) aren't turning with the motor then it's probably the nylon gear in the gear box. The gear box comes apart quite easily and is lubed with some lithium I beleive.

[quote author=Hwn built link=board=2;threadid=10947;start=msg100262#msg100262 date=1076057462]

*My mom did a supposedly "100k check up" on my Cruiser. Did simple things, claimed my K&N was dirty and replaced it. I hadn't checked my air filter for awhile cause I thought K&Ns needed less maintenance. I'm going to bring this up.

*I think they mean idler arm as in a part that helps my idle keep idling or whatevers.

[/quote]

K&N have 1 million mile warrenty. Unless it was that old, it should have been cleaned, not replaced.

You have an idle air control motor. No arms involved at all. I have a very hard time beleiving it's bad, but it's possible. You would have to eliminate any air leaks in the "bellows" first.

I talked to the guy briefly today. Idler Arm pulley and other parts are on there way. Supposedly shipped out today. They also want to charge me shipping for each individual piece, but I said they might as well ship everything out at once and call it bulk order. So yeah, supposedly most of the things are in the mail right now.
They will reposition the seat about 2"s forward from the farthest back it can go. But when she comes home then i'm going to taken the seat out and do what landtank said. It most likely is gonna be the gearbox.
Also, over $300 for the parts to reseal the front end. 8 hours of estimated labor time. $80 an hour for labor. What a fxxxing rip off. I'm having this put on the side till I come up with more money and I think I want to do it myself. Probably have my little brothers do it in school.
Oh yeah, my dad got the K&N for his car and the Land Cruiser I think about 2 years or maybe 3. The story of the stupid "100k check up" is that I let my mom borrow the Cruiser so she could get some plants and do some errands in town. She noticed that my last oil change was at 88k miles, but I do change my oil myself at home around 3k miles or before that. She freaked out b/c I had something like close to 101k already so she took it down to the dealer to get the oil changed. Those rip offs tricked her into changing all the fluids and doing some other minor things for around $200 or alittle over that. They said the air filter needed to be changed so they would add that to the tab. She came home and said she got my Cruiser serviced and mentioned some minor problems that she had them fix. I was so pissed that she had them change my filter out. But all is said and done now, so I think 30k more miles and a TRD or K&N one will be in her.

Also, she may not be done yet, but i'd like to thank all of you for helping me out with my problems since day one. So here's a Thank You to all!!

Oh wow.... glad I wasn't following this thread over the past week or so. It's way to depressing. ::)

All I can say is RUN! and get your truck out of there.

way too depressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom