Builds The Gray Ghost - My slow build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just installed my front ones last night. I don't have the instructions in front of me, but I believe the fronts are thinner, 6mm, vs 8mm on the rear.

Generally speaking, the taller (GS1) go in the rear and the shorter (GS2) go in the front. However dimensionally they will interchange so you can use the tall front/short rear or any combination thereof to adjust rake.

Thanks for the reply guys! I’ll just switch them around before installing the rear. Thanks again!

Another quick question. When installing the rear springs, do I leave the rubber pads in or remove them from the axle?

98890ACA-D312-4233-B461-8E93BF0C6559.jpeg

Last edited:
Another quick question. When installing the rear springs, do I leave the rubber pads in or remove them from the axle?

Where did you buy your suspension from? If Cruiser Outfitters it would have come with an install guide that covers spring & shackle orientation, torque specs, caster shims, and the rear spring isolators, etc. If you can't find it, email our tech team with your INV# and they can send you out another copy.

1672940778201.png

Long and short, you can re-use them, but you'll need spacers which should have been provided. Most don't re-use them, that too requires spacers which should have been provided with your kit.

@cruiseroutfit Thanks for the reply. I ordered them from you, but it was a few years ago. I'll try to find the invoice.

Thanks again

@cruiseroutfit Thanks for the reply. I ordered them from you, but it was a few years ago. I'll try to find the invoice.

Thanks again

PM me your last name and an email. I'll make it happen this minute! :cool:

Got the LC back on all 4’s today. Big thanks to @cruiseroutfit for helping me with all my questions!

Next week I’ll pull the the engine and transmission. Once I get everything out I’ll get it cleaned up and start replacing all the seals and gaskets. I’ll most likely replace the starter and alternator while the motor is out and I’ve got easy access.

4832D4E5-7408-45AC-8193-ADB810503451.jpeg
875393CF-0E12-48CD-94FA-41F355E641F6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom