The good ideas thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why would you need 40L in BC, every time I go camping I bring a 20L jug and come back with 10L+. With creeks, rivers, and lakes all the water needs are taken care of so all you really need is coffee and drinking water. If anything, pick up a small filter and save yourself the hassle and extra weight of 40L of water.
But that is a nice, product idea, for when you are in the desert.

There is a lot of space under the rocker, and with the sliders you have a base to attach something to, and if you ran the exhaust down the center like ATEB you have both sides freed up. I have room for my Hydrogen cell down there and it is a fair size of real estate you need for it, no room in the engine compartment. When my exhaust has had it, I will run it down the center as well and free up the other side for something else???

I like it. Sure you can use a purification system to create drinking water in BC, but having a good supply on hand is convenient.

Actually the 80's rockers when the drain holes get plugged it can fill up with rain water, I guess that is where the water from the sunroof goes. If you can keep it from sloshing up and soaking the carpet, you could turn it into a water tank. :hillbilly:

Last edited:
I've been using a Fumoto valve for many years now. If there is any negative, it is that it takes longer to drain the oil. That being said, the first thing I do is start draining the oil before I get all the other items needed for an oil change.

Someone will comment on the vulnerability during offroading. My valve is quite protected by the front axle and steering components, and is high enough that I can fit a 20L bucket with 6" of clearance underneath.

seems like a good idea... but wait a minute on second thought it seems like a very good reason to...NOT to get a roof top tent....

Hannibal Safari family size rooftop tent set up and get your wife to go camping - YouTube

That's Dave from Saddleback leather. www.saddlebackleather.com. I have one of his briefcases; like the Rolls Royce version of the tent, his stuff isn't cheap. Notice the strategically placed luggage in the video.

Ironcially he is also an FJ55 owner. :eek:

Simple birf removal tool....

I believe GG pioneered this idea ages ago with a section of pipe welded on the bumper of his 40.

Ishobie has some great vids.

Still on the 40, it was great when I used to come up with great ideas, now I have a tough time remembering what day it is :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom