The FJ takes premium?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just filled up for the first time...the FJ takes Premium???...I presume they mean SUPER- unleaded...WTF? Why??
airlaird

some thing to do with the sound of the valve train. i use med grade in my fj with no loss of power or mpg.

read your owner's manual. it tells you everything you need to know including the fluids recommended by the manufacturer for a long and happy life.

Been running regular in my '08 since 000002 was on the ticker....it's now at about 18250...no problems yet.

Point taken...if i'm not supercharged...I 'm not buying premium...
Thanks guys
airlaird

I have ran regular in every tank for about 1 1/2 years now. At first I was alternating but did not see any difference MPG wise, so I just stuck with reg unleaded. I average about 300-325 with a mix of city/highway, so I'm happy.

i ran the mid grade last tank full, and noticed no difference in power or mpg. going back to regular.

damm i get like 14 mpg and 16 hwy ,, i run reg , i have 33 m/t at and 18 xd addic wheels . metal tech bumber and winch wat yall get ?

I've run every grade and kept records. If I changed I ran at least 3 tanks fulls.

Regular, mid or premium, mileage about the same 16 to 18 mpg.

Then played with driving style, more impact. Heavy foot, expect low to mid teens. Lighter foot, mid to high teens. On the highway, run 60 mph get high teens, run 70 mph or more and get much less (14 mpg).

Your results will vary. I have the auto with a 3" lift and 33" MT's without the roof rack.

It's recommended not required!!!!! Just put high test in there anyway and spoil your engine, why the F not?, It's a Toyota......if your good to it, it will run FOREVER!!!

It's recommended not required!!!!! Just put high test in there anyway and spoil your engine, why the F not?, It's a Toyota......if your good to it, it will run FOREVER!!!

Because its a waste of money and does nothing to "spoil" your engine. There have been numerous studies, across all levels of the vehicle spectrum and none have shown any benefit to running a higher grade then necessary.

I've got 60k, over 4 years and been running 89 the whole time, no side effects for me...

I think I am going to try running 89 again for awhile.
It has been quite awhile since I tested it.

My MPG just went up to 17 these past few weeks combined 50% city/highway for my work commute with the way the rig sits now.

This was due to the new roof rack that was recently installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom