1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread

Discussion in 'AZ- Copper State Cruisers' started by wspastorbryan, Nov 13, 2011.

1. murf

murf Lifer Supporting Vendor SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    :rolleyes: Ahhhhh...the old "oops mileage discrepancy that (excuse here)..."

What a jack...

splitshot, Funner and Abigail like this.
  2. Funner

Funner

Media:
    Albums:
    That fool will own that 80 for a long time if he/she thinks it's worth anything near the asking price.

3. Living in the Past

Living in the Past SILVER Star

Think is where CarFax really helps the buyer. Few years ago a 82 FJ40 sold for less then some inferior 40s. Talking with the seller he said it had been in a accident years ago. Pre 8/80 and the seventeen digit VIN a vehicle could have been totaled, rebuilt using a bunch a parts from different years. Find a state that doesn't issue salvage titles and you now have a clean title with no easy traceable history.

4. splitshot

splitshot Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper. SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I remember one of those when on a 4runner hunt, super clean rig that I drove all the way to Glendale to check out.:slap:

5. blatant

blatant

seems way cheap and too shiny from the online pic. Who bought it? That pic is not from Az with that vegetation in the back ground.

[​IMG]

6. Wilma83

Wilma83

Media:
    Albums:
    Pretty sure it's a scam I called and got a text yesterday if 'I'm in the hospital contact my aunt at email'

7. blatant

blatant

seems like it. I'll try... "my kenyan uncle is in the hospital, i'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today"

LandCruiserPhil and murf like this.
  8. TexAZ

TexAZ

Media:
    what a thorough scam artist, posting up in small town paper.
    who'd a known.

I'll give him a call when my euro lottery winnings show up in my bank account I gave all my info for......:shifty:

9. murf

murf Lifer Supporting Vendor SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Me too lol

10. blatant

blatant

*********** the response on the land cruiser, per the hospital text - reach out, sent via email, form a widowed, army medic in North Dakota who doesn't like to pay storage fees and has a special line to the ebay car selling, logistics division, who will be leaving the country soon, but allow a test period of said vehicle! Sadly, i'm not able to complete this great opportunity due to the email being received on a Thursday, during the second week of September, in the morning. Otherwise it'd be mine, all mine!

My name is Donna, My 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser is still for sale. It has 90,371 miles miles and automatic transmission. This truck was garage kept all the time when was not in use, tires and wheels are at 80% which means you won't have to worry about that, never had any mechanical or electrical problem with it also never needed any paint or body work. It has all highway miles. I have an clean title in hand with no liens or loans on it on my name. This truck was used by my husband who died 4 month ago.
    The price was reduced at $2,500 because I'm in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell the truck before the 9th of this month, when I will be leaving on military duty with my medical team out of the country for a year and do not want to store my truck. Hate to sell it but its not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for a year.
    My Toyota right now is located at our military base in Cavalier, ND, stored with all the papers and is ready to be shipped.
    As I've told you, I'm in the army with my military medical team and right now I am in a military base. We are training, getting ready for leaving the country. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay services so my presence isn't necessary. The delivery process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and reg. You will have 5 days to test and inspect the truck prior to make any purchase. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal.
    If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can get the ball rolling.
    To support my argument regarding the condition of the Land Cruiser, I've attached more pictures to this email.
    Have a great day,
    SGT. Donna Carter

tls3601 likes this.
  11. Funner

Funner

Media:
    Albums:
    Sound like everything checks out:rolleyes:

12. Funner

Funner

Media:
    Albums:
    Everyone knows if you are faced with a tight deadline and absolutely need to get something sold ASAP you must Put it up for sale in a rural town 2000 miles away in a local print ad with instructions to call your nephew who is in a hospital and can't talk to anyone.

blatant, Azca and Wilma83 like this.
  13. Otter

Otter SILVER Star

14. Chrismanjs

Chrismanjs

15. Living in the Past

Living in the Past SILVER Star

Deal if your looking for this type of vehicle. Bet he has a lot more into it than $25K. Personally for my use would prefer it in stock form. Could use the seating hauling grandkids around the forest. Which bring up the question where do the eleven people sit in this one. Ad clearly states it's a eleven seat vehicle. No mention if the original seats are even still around.:hmm:

16. LandCruiserPhil

LandCruiserPhil Peter Pan Syndrome Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    it does have a roof rack

[​IMG]

tls3601 and Funner like this.
  17. Abigail

Abigail

Media:
  18. jclarke450

jclarke450

sgtcarter.jpg

Sgt Carter did die! Maybe it was her husband? LOL!

Funner and murf like this.
  19. brices123

brices123 SILVER Star

20. LandCruiserPhil

LandCruiserPhil Peter Pan Syndrome Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    splitshot, jdayment and TexAZ like this.
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">